Stanley!!

John Pollman

Howdy folks!

This is pretty cool. My brother lives in LA (Glendale actually) and he has a small prop production shop that he runs. He makes all kinds of props for videos, commercials, movies, etc. A couple weeks ago he got a call from EA Sports and they wanted a replica Stanley Cup for some commercials that they are doing. They told him that they had quotes of as high as $18K! :eek: He assured them that he could be that price. I don't know what he charged them but he just sent me some pictures of the project in work and completed. Here are some pics...

Stanley1.jpg

Stanley2.jpg

Me_Stanley2.jpg

I don't know about you but I think he did one heck of a job! So if you see any ads from EA Sports with a Stanley cup in them, my brother made it. I just thought I'd share.

John

:thumb:

Cool. I'm curious as to how he faked out the names. I just can't believe he would go to the trouble of engraving them on a prop.

Hi Art,

actually you're right. That would be WAY too much work. Actually he called up my other brother who does graphic arts work and he did the layout and then had it printed onto strips of clear acetate. They cut them into strips and applied them to the cup. To tell you the truth, from the pictures they sure look engraved to me.

John

I'll have to ask him next time I talk to him but I think it's a Ford Falcon. That's one of his other hobbies. He buys and restores classics. He's very good at that too. I wonder what he'd charge me for a replica cup. I'd like to have one for my family room. :)

John

That can't be the Stanley Cup!

It doesn't have that "If I could only tell you what those crazy hockey players have done with me" aura surrounding it.

It's a beautiful replica skillfully done - but it's like a clone - it hasn't lived the life.

Again - it's awesome - Jim

John,

Your brother does excellent work. What material did he use for the cup? Aluminum? Probably spun. Real nice.

I bet the Falcon is a '63 or '64. How close am I?

Aloha, Tony

That looks great, John. Tell your brother he did an excellent job.

BTW, I'm just up the 2 freeway from Glendale and looking for work...is your brother looking for any help? ;)

John,

Your brother does excellent work. What material did he use for the cup? Aluminum? Probably spun. Real nice.

I bet the Falcon is a '63 or '64. How close am I?

Aloha, Tony

Yep you're right Tony, I just talked to him and it's a '64 Falcon.

I'm not sure what materials he used for the cup. But whatever they are, they sure do look sweet. :)

John