How I spent Mother's Day with the LOML

Ned Bulken

The LOML's VFD does an annualy Mother's day Chicken BBQ, here's the rig they have...
DSC02364.jpg

note the woodpile behind the rig.. they cook over a live fire... fueled by cut-offs, usually cherry or mahagony...

DSC02377.jpg

DSC02383.jpg

My masonic lodge sponsored a Child ID event at the BBQ as well,

here's our setup, two computers with dedicated printers
DSC02393.jpg

DSC02384.jpg

There's the LOML taking an order for a chicken dinner on the phone.

The LOML and our middle son in the center behind the counter

DSC02408.jpg

Are they wearing jackets because it's that cold even standing next to the fire??

Jeebers... it was 97 degrees here yesterday. And has been for the better part of a month. One day last week it was 104 in the shop until I opened the doors. Then it went down to 99. Older I get, the longer it takes me to get used to it every year. :(

Are they wearing jackets because it's that cold even standing next to the fire??

Jeebers... it was 97 degrees here yesterday. And has been for the better part of a month. One day last week it was 104 in the shop until I opened the doors. Then it went down to 99. Older I get, the longer it takes me to get used to it every year. :(

No they are wearing jackets because it's warmed up. If it was cold they would be wearing coats. On the 4th of July they might make it with just a long sleeved shirt!.
Garry

well, the jackets are part 'culture' (gotta wear the colors) and part nescessity... we had Frost on the windshield this morning... it was in the high 40's when that was taken yesterday with a good stiff breeze.

now that the BBQ is over, I think I'm going to go raid the woodpile again. Looks like a lot of good stuff for pen blanks and other turning stock in there to me.

I took the easy route Kirk, I turned the a/c on and set it at 72 degrees. When you come in from outside you feel like you need to put a jacket on.