On the Road again....

Ned Bulken

I just can't wait to get on the road again...

I'm in the middle of 'lead hunting' season at work, which translates into 'go forth young man' and find for sale/lease/available properties! Normally what I do is go gather data on 'all' buildings, but right now I'm running the miles and only stopping for those with sales/leasing info and/or ones that don't have updated photos, that are NOT in the system already.

our travel dept booked me into an urban Days Inn... which I initially gave about a 2.5 star out of 5. Really urban, rough neighborhood, no food nearby and no Fridge in the room. ugh. That got better however when I moved my gear in after work... the pretty young lady at the desk was kind enough to find a fridge and microwave and deliver them to my room. I handled getting them in here, but now I at least can keep some soda and cold cuts cool without resorting to the cooler and ice machine routine. I'll give that a .75 star right there, so now it's a 3.25. Still urban, still a rough neighborhood, but slightly easier to live in for three nights.
At least it is on the company tab, so I just get to work and hang out down here for a couple of nights.

oh, and Here is Binghamton NY for the incurably curious.

Ned. As i lived across the pa border from there most of my unmarried life,where in binghamton are they keeping you?I have a brother that lives near the oakdale mall in johnson city.My wife was raised in port dick where my father in law was born and raised, and still has lots of family.Most of my family still lives out in the sticks of PA not far as that is where most still work.If you like real italtian food go down to endicott and you'll find the best (imo)just little mom and pop dinners but o so good.
Steve

Steve,
I'm stuck downtown at the moment, I drove just about everywhere in port dick today, odds are fairly good I passed several of her family's houses. Tonight I'm going to eat the delicious sandwich my wife packed for me, but a nice italian restaurant on the south side sounds good for tomorrow night. :)

Hey Ned, my mom and brother live about 35 miles north of Bing in Norwich. Whenever I had time on a visit I'd stop at Pa's Woodshed (I think that's the name) just south of 17 and I-81 (I hope I'm remembering my highways correctly). Mostly a big furniture store, but they also built furniture there in their own shops. Before any locals jump in, no I have no idea if they're even still in business.

the hamptons innn and suites on Vestal parkway, free breakfast, clean huge rooms, spent 4 years going back and forth, go over to VEstal parkwy and get ribs at the little spiedie and rib pit, the ribs are out of this world, dont let plain college looking take out decor fool ya.

Hey Rennie, I work in Norwich every other Tuesday.

And Ned, there is the Eureka outlet in Bing that has some very cool camping gear, sometimes at some decent markdowns, especially backpacks and tents.

OK, anyone else hear crickets?

just popped out for a quick errand... and found that there was only one other vehicle in the parking lot... yeah, really... asked the girl at the desk, she confirmed, they're pretty dead during the week, and really busy on weekends. Sheesh.

Ken,
yep, know exactly where Eureka is!