Need to get my stuff together fast! (Well Not that Fast)

Jeff Bower

I just recieved a call from a very good friend asking me if I wanted to set up a booth at a equestrian horse show...She and her soon to be husband just opened Maffit Lake Equestrian Center and had their first show last week. The second one starts tomorrow and my wife and I volunteered to man the merchandise booth (hats, shirts, etc) for them on Saturday from 10-5. (payment is beer and BBQ after we work) She asked me out of the blue if I wanted to bring a table out and set it next to the merchandise booth for the day....I quickly said yes!! Now I have to get my pieces cleaned, buffed and ready for the show...:eek: Will report how it goes after the weekend.

BTW, this friend is also the one that I gave this bowl to for her house warming party. Me thinks she will be getting another gift soon....:rolleyes:

Need to get my stuff together fast!

Best of luck Jeff. Have fun. :thumb:

Hit 'em high,
hit 'em low,
git 'er done,
jus go, go, GO!

(Hmmm, I just made that up, but maybe I heard it somewhere), :dunno: :rofl:

Aloha, Tony

Got up Sat. morning excited to spend the day out in the country, meeting interesting people, helping a couple of friends and maybe sell a bowl or two....

Well, I was in the country, met a few people and helped a good friend, but that is about it. :( Nothing sold, in fact only about 5 people came by. The weather was horrible, about 55 degrees with a constant wind of around 20 MPH and higher gusts. I had one thin bowl that went for a ride in the wind, but wasn't damaged, just got muddy. My wife was with me almost the entire day and we had a blast together (we always do) so not all was lost.

I went back out yesterday thinking with better weather something would change, it didn't, started raining and I packed up after 2hrs. The vendor area wasn't a good spot because of some unforseen changes and will be changed for the next horse shows in Aug. and Sept. With some changes, and a fuller field of competitors the fall shows should have more potential customers. Seeing the number of horses, size of horse trailors :eek:, cars/trucks, etc....the money is there to purchase, just need to get them to get over to the booths. I plan on setting up a booth again this fall, as my vendor fee will be waived again....it's good to have friends. :) The coolest part of yesterday was the show announcer saying, "We welcome Jeff Bower, the 'official woodturner' of Maffit Lake Equestrian Center. Please stop by the vendor area to see his wonderful woodturned bowls, vases and other items." That made my day...

Only pics worth showing are of Paige and I (you can see how the wind is blowing) and a new bowl that I hadn't photographed yet.

Attachments

• 100_0361.JPG
    100_0361.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_0378.JPG
    100_0378.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 14