Table that needs a leaf

I was asked to make 2 leaf's for this table and matching the veneer and carving the edge was interesting;Considering that the table is about 80 years old matching a veneer is not possible but finding a good suitable match takes time, matching the tone is what makes this work.
The outer 2 leaves with the original in the center.

Resizing drives me crazy LOL

Attachments

• IMG_2165.JPG
    IMG_2165.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2177.JPG
    IMG_2177.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I must say that’s a nice job, I can see the difference of the veneers but it doesn’t distract from the piece to me. It looks pretty original, the carving also looks suburb. If I was the owner I'd defiantly be happy with the results.

Well done!:thumb:

The owner was very happy and she got a table to serve the whole family. I talked with a number of veneer company's and had to send a picture of the table to get them to look for a match. These guys take great pride in finding a great match.

Dave a few things here i dont understand. The owner had a single leaf right. If I correctly understand your post you made the two outer ones correct? So what size was the table in the first place? A single leaf? Was that single leaf on a round pedestal in the beginning and you put it on a four legged table with the original as the center leaf?

Work looks tremendous :thumb:I just like to make sure i understand what i am looing at.

Rob the table had a single leaf 18" I made 2 leaves for the table 18" each
Rectangle table.
Rob I'm sorry the 1st picture is of all 3 leaves off the table.

Last edited:
Rob the table had a single leaf 18" I made 2 leaves for the table 18" each
Rectangle table.

I also needed to make a drop down leg when the extra leaves were in place. Picture sucks but you can see the center post leg.

Attachments

• IMG_2178.JPG
    IMG_2178.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 17