cherry coffee table

Dan Noren

Staff member
now that i have gotten my sis in law's frames out of the way, i can continue on with more important projects. :thumb::thumb:

this is the coffee table that was inspired by a greene & greene lamp shade.

Attachments

• cherry coffee table parts.JPG
    cherry coffee table parts.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 49
  • cherry coffee table.jpg
    cherry coffee table.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 66
hey dan,, either you eat the same thing each day or you are doing two things at once???? and do you do most of your work in the room you are displaying your wood in? i thought you had a shop:D:rofl::thumb: also could you do a short tutorial on how you did the bread board ends so that guy over in jersy area could see some of the steps.. hey understands pictures better than words sometimes:rofl:

oh, if i were to be doing the glue up in the living room, i'm certain the wife would have something to say about it. :rofl::rofl:

all i did, was to lay out the parts where they would be going, and to mark the tenons, and arcs. more fun tomorrow. :thumb:

also could you do a short tutorial on how you did the bread board ends so that guy over in jersy area could see some of the steps.. hey understands pictures better than words sometimes:rofl:

one more state to the right larry.

Ouch Larry, having lived and worked in New Jersey for a couple years I know what New Yorkers think of Jersey.:D

"Do you know why New Yorkers are always so depressed?

Because the light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey."

Ok, I'm going to ask the stupid question. Why doesn't a breadboard table fail due to wood movement?

Shouldn't it be expected to fail because the ends are crossgrained to the rest of the table, causing the rest of the table to expand and contract more than the ends will?

Thanks!

The ends do not gat glued on but are typicaly attached with 3 dowels from underneath. One dowel in the center and the 2 outer dowels you drill the hole , remove the breadboard end, elongate the hole in the top. then reattach the breadboard end and insert the dowels. you also make the tenon about 1/2" shorter in width than the mortise to allow for expansion