I am pleased to announce...

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Many of you know that I felt called to ministry when I tried to retire.

After 4-1/2 years in seminary, and pushing 67 my next birthday, I am to graduate on Sunday.

Join in my joy and lift the beverage of your choice to celebrate.

For those who are curious, I get the summer off and sometime around September/October I will find out where I am to be assigned.

I guess if they don't follow your teaching & preaching you'll know what route to put them on Router Lady. Congratulations.:):D:D:D:wave::thumb:

A doctor was talking to a Preacher that was sick & in the hospital & said don't worry Reverend we'll have you back up on your knees in no time.

Congrats, Carol. :congrats: That's a big milestone, and one you've worked hard to achieve. (I believe I've been following along since you started.) The mother of one of my good friends had a similar calling after she "retired" from nursing, and is now an Episcopal priest. I think she's busier now than she was as a nurse. ;)

Carol, I am in awe. Congratulations. My brother has done the same thing and is happier/more at peace than he has been his entire life. He is also busier, but that doesn't seem to be an issue. Good luck on your ministering.

Congrats Carol! Iowa will miss you, but I'm glad your heading home for now anyway...good luck in your future assignment! :thumb:

Good for you!!! If your asignment ends up at a church that has a recreation facility (my major in college) maybe you can start some classes on woodworking! Anxious to hear where you end up and what you will be doing!. Jim.