I Think I have enough blanks until the swap gets here...

Ned Bulken

blanks.jpg

I was out in the shop working on a couple of pens... and I decided to line up as many of the blanks I've collected...

That is a nice "start" on a collection of blanks for sure :wave:

You have a good point, Stu. It's a nice collection, but it's just a start. I can still see the tabletop. :p

Looks like a few nice dyed curly blanks in there, though, Ned. You'll like them...they make a cool pen.

Yep, Ned's collection is certainly more colorful than mine, but I have baskets and baskets of pen blanks, but most are the same kind of wood. :dunno:

As said, nice start on a blank collection. Ye think turning is addictive? Ye think turning pens is addictive? Not even close to collecting pen blanks. Seriously addictive. When asked how long it takes me to make a pen, I never include the time spent deciding what kind of blank to use. I can take an hour or two sifting through my dozen or so boxes of blanks just to pick out the very right one for that next pen. Are we sick or what? :rolleyes:

I simply haven't invested in kits in awhile. I need to place an order one of these days... :rolleyes:

I didn't realize how many I had on hand, until I started pawing around the shop yesterday. When I decided to put them all in one place I just had to take a photo.

time for work seeyas later.

Last edited: