From AAW Forum - Joke

Dan Mosley

Have you ever gone out to the shop in your bathrobe and slippers and picked up the chisels and turned? Had to empty your robe pockets of wood chips? Take off your robe discreetly and shake the chips out of it before going back into the house? Had to brush the chips out of your slippers so you didn't track them all over the carpets? At 2:00AM? More times than I like to admit!

Read this on the AAW site...........scary part is i just came in from the garage where i was tinkering with an idea - while not at 2:00am in the morning but it was 11:00 at night..................hummmm maybe i need therapy

Have you ever gone out to the shop in your bathrobe and slippers and picked up the chisels and turned? Had to empty your robe pockets of wood chips? Take off your robe discreetly and shake the chips out of it before going back into the house? Had to brush the chips out of your slippers so you didn't track them all over the carpets? At 2:00AM? More times than I like to admit!

Read this on the AAW site...........scary part is i just came in from the garage where i was tinkering with an idea - while not at 2:00am in the morning but it was 11:00 at night..................hummmm maybe i need therapy

Need therapy? This is therapy.

At 2:00 AM I'm just hitting my stride in the shop, but on more than one occasion I've gone out to the shop right before bed, in my pajama pants and slippers, to put one more coat of finish on a piece. I (so far) have avoided actually turning on the lathe when I'm not really dressed for it, but I've had to blow sanding dust off my pajamas and slippers before going back into the house. :p

At 2:00 AM I'm just hitting my stride in the shop, but on more than one occasion I've gone out to the shop right before bed, in my pajama pants and slippers, to put one more coat of finish on a piece. I (so far) have avoided actually turning on the lathe when I'm not really dressed for it, but I've had to blow sanding dust off my pajamas and slippers before going back into the house. :p

I suppose that's an advantage of having the shop part of the house or really close by... my shop is 40 yards back of the house in the trees... after 9 pm here is pitch black out that way and the path can be a little daunting in the dark. I've worked out there a few nights and then invariably trip over the big rock sticking up in the middle of the path behind the house.

Just last night I went out because I left a light on...I was dreading it because I was very tired and wanted to go to bed. Once I got out there, I sanded a bit, added another coat of finish, cut up a blank, and started to mount it on the lathe when I realized I was suppose to be in bed...:doh: