Some sad news

Dan Gonzales

Some of you in the Los Angeles area might be saddened to hear about the killing of Alan Bohnhoff and one of his employees by another employee at his family's hardwood lumber yard (Bohnhoff Lumber) this morning. My wife and I have known Alan and his kids for years in our town of Whittier through bowling leagues and mutual friends. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family.

Although the news reports don't mention the names of the victims, his friends and family are sadly relaying the news.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/05/two-people-fatally-shot-in-the-city-of-vernon.html

Wow, I didn't know it had happened at Bohnoff Lumber. I'd heard the radio reports of a double murder at a lumberyard, but hadn't heard it was that one. Very sorry to hear the news.

I am sorry to hear this. These type of nonsensical shootings are way to common and way to stupid. I am an NRA member, but our dedication to the letter of the law and when all things are so apparent justice is not swift or sure enough.

For those of you who aren't from the LA area, Bohnhoff Lumber is the premier lumber supplier around here.

Dan, please give my condolence to the family.

And in other sad news, I noticed that today's LA Times has a front page story on "Dolla", a rapper wannabe from Atlanta (still hadn't recorded his first album, so he's no "star"), who was gunned down at Beverly Center, but no mention that I could find of the Bohnhoff shootings. :rolleyes: