if anyone is interested

allen levine

WOODWORKING - MILLWORK - DOOR MFR. SHOP AUCTION SALE (Staten Island, N.Y.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to:see below
Date: 2009-05-18, 10:19PM EDT

Public Auction Sale
WOODWORKING - MILLWORK - DOOR MFR. SHOPS
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 11:30 AM
2089 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, N.Y.

Like New, Late Model Woodworking Equipment Incl. SS Upright Panel Saw, Delta 14" Bandsaw, Ryobi 10" Chop Saw, Newton 2 Spindel Borer, Makita 16" Band Resaw, Delta 10" Cont. Table Saw, William & Hussey Mouldmatcher, Ruvo808SPL Double Mitre Saw, Handy 40"x90" Door Assembly Clamp
***Weinig U17A 5 Head Moulder W/ Knives Cost $50,000***
Greenlee Square Chisel Mortiser, Oakley Stroke Sander, Powermatic Single & End Tenoner, Grizzly Edge Sander, Dewalt Long Radial Arm Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw, Delta Drill Press, XL 12" Bench Grinder, Tannewitz 36" Band Saw, Porter 18" 4 Knife head Jointer, Tannewitz XJ 16" Table Saw, Polamco 4 Speed Shaper, Sunhill Belt Sander, Whirlwind 14" Upcut Saw, Ruvo Auto Stair Router, Oliver Borer, Weinig Randomat Profile Grinder,
Black Bro Glue Spreader, Whitney 105 15 HP Planer, Diel 75 10HP Ripsaw, Torrit 15 HP Dust Collector Sysytem Ruvo 900A Prehung Door Machine, Ruvo 950 Second Stage Unit,
***Ruvo 925 Prehung Door Machine - 2 Years Old - Cost $55,000***
Ingersoll Rand 10 HP Compressor, Delta & Dewalt Radial Arm Saws, Hand Tools, Bar & C Clamps, Power Tools, Saws, Drills, Routers, Sanders.

LARGE QUANTITY HARDWOODS - MAHOGANY, OAK, MAPLE, WALNUT, POPLAR, ETC.

Cash or Certified Check Only 15% Buyers Premium
Eliot B. MIllman Co. Auctioneers LLC
718 327 7697

its tomorrow Im going to try to make it there.

For a moment there Allen I thought you were getting out of the hobby!

I was wondering where he was was gonna fit more wood. :D I don't think he's really explored the possibilities on the roof. Stu has wood stashed on his roof.
whistling.gif

Were you able to make it there Allen? Find any good bargains?

its today, Im putting some stuff away, then heading over there.
Im hoping to pick up some small stuff, like maybe a nice PC router, some clamps, a small dedicated mortiser(doubt theyll have a small one), and as many board ft of lumber they will sell as long as the shills dont bid the prices over what I can buy it for from my guy.
Never can be 100% there arent shills looking to bid up the good stuff, and try to dump all the junk.
It will be the frist time I take the new truck out for a spin anyway, been sitting on the driveway for 3 weeks. Time to break it in.

since I wasnt there to buy 50 year tannowitz humungous band saws, I dont have to save much. The prices werent right for me, maybe my wood supplier has spoiled me.

Last edited:
Sorry to see the auction didn't pan out for you, but it's obvious you went into it with the right attitude and approach.

there was alot of wood. more than enough to bid on.
After they bid the first lot to 120 dollars, a lot I felt was worth no more than 150 retail, I decided waiting around over 2 hours, the first hour early I got there for inspection, then Mr. Millman arrived at 12:25, and I thought it was posted for 11:30, it was warm, I was a bit frustrated the first lot I had interest in was bid too far over what I expected, not outrageous by any means, but Im spoiled, so I passed on the other lots and didnt wait around to see about the 2 porter cable routers I held interest in.
I guess I suffer from ADD, but going over the Verrazano bridge was an incredible sight, a line of up Navy ships one in back of another coming into New York harbor, wish I had my camera, although its very illegal to use cameras on bridges and tunnels now in NY.
It was certainly a sight to see from above.(I hope I didnt run any small cars off the road when I was looking)

it was an incredible looking shop, mill, lumberyard, its sad the place is being auctioned piece by piece.

the band saw was so huge looking, kinda reminded me of the movie transformers.

Last edited: