WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

As much as I love a good debate and sometimes (often? :rolleyes: ) throw out zingers just for the devilishness of it, I am very happy to see that folks discuss what we are here to discuss without rancor. Way to go guys. :thumb:
I belong to a writer forum. Recently, I asked the question: What is literary fiction? The responses have been vicious and off the wall. On forum and in e-mails, I have been insulted with almost every kind of name possible. Incredible. We don't need that here. Needless to say, I'll be unsubscribing from my association with those so-called intellects.

Aside from one rather insulting and hurtful flame shortly after I joined, I've enjoyed my time here. The humor is refreshing and the comradarie (sp?) is enjoyable. I still post on that "other forum" and the flaming and sniping seems to have calmed down somewhat, but all in all, I like FWW better!

Nancy

I belong to a writer forum. Recently, I asked the question: What is literary fiction? The responses have been vicious and off the wall. On forum and in e-mails, I have been insulted with almost every kind of name possible. Incredible. We don't need that here. Needless to say, I'll be unsubscribing from my association with those so-called intellects.
I'll bite Frank. What is literary fiction and how does that form of writing differ from "normal" fiction written by someone who has good literary talent?