New Boat Shop Build/Garage

Tom Hoffman

Just started building my dream Boat Shop/Garage.

36' X36' X 9' side wall.

Just poured the slab last thursday.

See the link below for pics. I will post more as the build continues.

I am located just above the Wapsi-Pinicon River in Eastern Iowa.

Almost a land locked sailor.

Build the boats in the spring summer and fall and haul them to Florida and use them and sell them there.

That is the plan anyway.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/571854289RZQefQ

Regards,

Tom...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

did you dig out that tree stump? if not you may have trouble with your concrete in that area. also why did you include the storage building in your main shop? looks like you are on a mission and making good head way:thumb:

Regarding the stump, yes we got a back hoe in and dug it out completely.

The existing shed is well built on a slab and was the only storage I had for most of my small tools for all last winter. All my big table tools are in storage awaiting finish of this building. I was going to keep them seperate, however when we were laying it out, in order for the new shop to be seperate, it would have had to be down sized significantly and that is un American. (Bigger is Better!!!) So we just moved the lay out back 3' and am going to leave it project in that far and make a bench on the left side that is 3' wide for a radial arm/miter saw table and keep all my smaller tools in the shed and also my compressor and vac system. That way when the door is closed, I woun't have to hear them running so loudly all the time. The shed is well insulated and lined with OSB.

It has been fun so far. Just have to get a whip to get me going some days though.