My Workshop

Mark Stafford

Hello everybody. After lurking for a while and enjoying the advice and suggestions given by others, I decided to break out the camera and take some pictures of my humble shop. It is an attached two car garage, approx. 20'x19'. There are 8 110v outlets spread around the shop. For lighting I only have 3 of the two bulb, four foot florescent shop lights, with a few of those clamp on lights that I move around as needed. Nearly everything is on casters or mobile bases. I used to park my truck in the garage, but because my truck is big, I had to pull within 5-6 inches of the wall. That got old pretty quick, so the truck stays in the driveway now. The pictures are on photobucket, as I didn't know if that was the best way or not. Enjoy, and questions, comments or suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks.
Mark

Here are the pics.

Mark, I am glad I took time to look at your pics. I love the idea of the vac system running underneath the bench. I don't like hoses coming down from the ceiling or running along on the top of the floor. That is a really good idea. I like to be able to swing a long piece of wood around and not have to worry about posts, wires or hoses.

You have done a lot with what you have available for space.

Regards,

Tom...

I looked at all 92, yea, I know - I need a life.:(

I'm looking at a very similar Idea for DC at me CMS - does this set up work well for you? I also have the same OSS - no place to build it in though. Neat idea.

Looks like you're making good use of the space!:thumb:

my thoughts aswell,,you have made the most out of your space.. and even reminded me of a couple things that were on my to do list.. very well thought out.. do have question though,, are you supporting your router table extension on that rolling stool? and if so that must have been a trick to get it and the saw on the same game plan:thumb::thumb:

I didn't look at all 92 but enough to see that you make the most of a limited space. Impressed with the amount of tools you own. You must be a bachelor. :rolleyes: Also, in first pic I think I see a big supply of epoxy. Does that mean that you make lots of pens? And, that "small clamp rack" I would call a big clamp rack that holds a bunch of small clamps. :laugh2:
Before I forget, welcome to the family. Easy to see you will be a valuable addition.

Welcome aboard Mark. :wave: That's a nice-looking shop. You know your shop is too clean when you have people take off their shoes before entering:

Mike's Shop.jpg

:rofl:

Seriously, you've done a great job of organizing things.

Mark,
Excellent I also looked at all of the pics great set up. Glad to see someone else who's very organized. Also what me shop would look like when my son finally moves out & his bedroom becomes my shop. :D

Hi Mark

Welcome to the Family.

Thanks for posting your pictures. You sure gave me a lot of food for thought with some of your ideas.:)

Raises the question of storage in draws versus hanging on wall.

The aspect of hiding that dust hose is a good one, I just wonder how much the use of the flexiable hose affects the air movement to the DC.

Great looking shop and very well organized.:thumb:

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.
I'm looking at a very similar Idea for DC at me CMS - does this set up work well for you?

Rennie, this set up works but not well. I still get a lot of dust thrown from the CMS. I think if I put a couple of pieces of wood angled towards the hole it might improve a little. But for now it's better than nothing.

are you supporting your router table extension on that rolling stool?

Larry, no that stool is just sitting under there. The router extension just hangs in the opening. I was worried if it would tip my saw over, but it seems to be working fine.

You must be a bachelor.

LOL, no just a very understanding LOML.

Also, in first pic I think I see a big supply of epoxy. Does that mean that you make lots of pens?

I'm not sure what you saw, but no, I don't even have a lathe. I'm scared of falling into that vortex for now. Turning seems to be a very expensive endeavor.

The aspect of hiding that dust hose is a good one, I just wonder how much the use of the flexiable hose affects the air movement to the DC.

Rob, I totally agree with you. It has to affect the air movement a good bit. That and the fittings are tee's instead of wye's. But the hose and most of the parts were given to me by a friend so that's why I used them.

Thanks again everyone, I'll try to get some pics of some of my projects up a little later. One question, is there a preference to either putting pictures on photobucket or just putting them in the post itself?
Mark