Grinder wheel dressing tools

Rob Keeble

Hi All

Can anyone advise me on a decent grinding wheel dressing tool.

I have a delta 8 inch that came with a small t piece type wheel dresser but when i use it the 80 grit wheel is left with groves. It is not exactly a quality device.

So I am looking for others that people have used and proven worthwhile. Note I can search the web too but thats not what i am after here.

Thanks

alex posted i his table thread how he sharpens his chisels and he took and used a t shaped thing and said he liked it ..might be a pic of it there and yu can pm and get the brand name...

Hi All

Can anyone advise me on a decent grinding wheel dressing tool.
So I am looking for others that people have used and proven worthwhile. Note I can search the web too but thats not what i am after here.

Thanks

What!? You want responses from people with actual experience? Where is the fun in that?:D

my wheel dressers.....everything from my profile grinder to my plain `ol grinder.

MVC-085S.JPG
this is a ball bearing unit designed to flatten the face, it uses a coarse grit stone.

MVC-086S.JPG
this is a home made "t" stick made with a diamond segment from a core bit, i use it to rough shape wheel profiles.

MVC-087S.JPG
this is a coarse stone i use to clean up profiled wheels.

Rob, I have the 'T' shaped dresser, and I move it from side to side as I lightly apply it to the spinning wheel. That seems to handle the 'groove' problem for me.

If you're looking for the top end of the scale, Oneway's Wolverine wheel dresser is right up there.

Thank you all for the direction. Larry looked up Alexs thread and sure enough he has the same T type Vaughn mentions and the same one that i have. I think I will give mine a little hammer treatment in the high spot area. Its one that seems to have been made on the cheap and the "diamond" (if I believe that) chips are all sorts of sizes and there are a few that stick right out.

Thanks for the oneway pointer Vaughn, just not in my budget right now. Thanks Todd as usual you have all the down to earth tips.