Look what arrived today

Rob Keeble

Hi Family

I was working away in my office this morning when suddenly a knock on the door and the postal - parcel delivery guy is at the door.

He had a box for me from a place called Michigan:D Turns out there is this guy by the name of Larry Merlau sent me through a really wonderful surprise.:eek: :D:):)

Signed the delivery note and ran to get a knife. Could not wait to see what was inside.:huh:

Take look how i have been spoilt with a tremendous chunk of some special wood all protected from drying out by some waxy substance.
IMG_2929.jpgIMG_2931.jpgIMG_2930.jpg

Now I have to say I am a pretty sentimental guy so this just touched me in the heart and have never been a guy to win any contests or prizes but today I feel as though i hit the jackpot.:thumb::headbang:

That there wood has a couple of nice red streaks in it and i hope to be able to do the sender proud when I get it mounted on the "spinny thing"

looks like he is sending me closer to the Spinny vortex.:rofl::rofl: I thought he wanted us flatwork guys to stay away from that edge and stick together.

But wait there's more...but for that you will have to follow this thread and look for another in another section of the forum.

A huge THANK YOU LARRY for this great gift. Man you put a smile on my face and joy in my heart, so big it will take a while for it to wear off. You da man.:wave::thumb::D:bow:

Good present Rob, maybe Larry is pushing you into the vortex, so that he can get all the other machines you have and will not use except the lathe!;)

Although I think that Larry is not so machiavellian to do such thing, he's only too big hearted:)

Look forward to see what you make out of it!

Congrats on the wood Rob :thumb: I am sure happy to see those blanks show up here. I was at Larrys friday and saw a big pile of blank scraps and yes I started looking for a lathe :eek: He gave me a scare, but I can report with a great big WHEW :p, NO LATHE TO BE FOUND :D Be sure to show us what becomes of that nice blank :wave:

Hi Family

I was working away in my office this morning when suddenly a knock on the door and the postal - parcel delivery guy is at the door.
Actually the same thing happened to me except I was sitting around on my behind!

He had a box for me from a place called Michigan:D Turns out there is this guy by the name of Larry Merlau sent me through a really wonderful surprise.:eek: :D:):)
For me too, from the same guy!

Signed the delivery note and ran to get a knife. Could not wait to see what was inside.:huh:
Me too!

Take look how i have been spoilt with a tremendous chunk of some special wood all protected from drying out by some waxy substance.
Here's what I received.

attachment.php

Here's what I intend doing with mine!

attachment.php

Just kidding!

Rob has said everything that I am thinking. He just has a way with words that I don't happen to possess.

Privately I have thanked Larry for his huge generosity. Here's my public one. Thanks so much Larry! You will be rewarded in time. I know it's not expected by you. Tough, that's just the way I happen to operate.

Wow Mack. Great gift. Now how can you turn a blank like that into a pen.:(

I would think Larry was hinting at sucking you into bowl turning. Not cutting it up to small bits. :rofl::rofl:

I think he is suggesting that you try something different.:D and get sucked deeper into the spinny vortex.