New Show--Wandering Gallery Auctions

I missed seeing the update on the show, Jeff. Sounds like it worked out nicely, and should open some good doors for you. :thumb: Congrats!

Fantastic news Jeff Congrats & 2 thumbs up.

j0428065.jpg

Well the closing for the first Wandering Gallery Auction is this friday. I will have more stuff added to the show for that night. A few of my pieces have been bid on, and a couple have been bought outright.

The most exciting part from the show (IMO) happened last when I got a call from a women that had just had a tree taken down and wants to comission some pieces to give to her kids to remember the tree as they climbed it a lot while growing up. She had stopped by the gallery and bid on a small bowl and then thought of using the tree's wood as gifts. I'm meeting with her tonight to discuss what she has in mind, prices, etc.

Her neighbor is also having a tree taken down today and is putting some crotch pieces an possibly some burl aside for me as well. After the meeting I will go get my dad, his truck and his Stihl to help in getting the wood. Sounds like he should get some wood too. I'll take pics and share with you later...:D

Here are some pics of the wood I got for the comission. It's pretty knarly stuff with bumps, burls and stuff all over it, but also some straight logs. Not as much as I thought there would be, but plenty to work with and have some failure as well. I think it is white oak, which I've had lots of cracking with in the past...could be interesting. :dunno:

Attachments

• 100_0650.JPG
    100_0650.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_0651.JPG
    100_0651.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 20
Wandering Gallery Auction Closing Night

Below are some pics of my stuff at the gallery and a few of the entire gallery. The closing night was very slow for the first hour or so, but then the last few hours were very busy. I ended up selling a total of 10 pieces (7 at the closing), recieved 2 comissions (2-4 pieces each!) and numerous people told me to call when I need wood.

The plan is to have another show in late October or November and I have been asked to show again!! I'm very happy to have been part of the show and look forward to the next one too. :thumb:

Attachments

• 100_0658.JPG
    100_0658.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_0659.JPG
    100_0659.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_0660.JPG
    100_0660.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_0662.JPG
    100_0662.JPG