Anyone familiar with Paintball paint?

Bruce Shiverdecker

In Memorium
The location where I'm opening a turning teaching studio was formally a Paintball club. Obviously, there is residual paint and ball wax all over the place. I've removed it from everything (By tearing it out and throwing it out) but the t-bar rails in the dropped ceiling. I could replace all the rails, but would like to try cleaning them first.

So far, I have tried, paint thinner, Kaboom, CLR, Goof-off, and Alhcohol. None work hardly at all and remove the white paint of the t-bar rails.

Any help will be appreciated.

Bruce

I haven't worked with the paintball paint before. We used to remodel office suites and used to spray all the drop ceilings with kilz, does a nice job, but could be ugly with all the wax splatters. We mostly sprayed for cigarette smoke, but covered nicely.

from the sounds of things bruce by the time you get the right combination to clean it you willhave as much in as if you painted over it like darren suggested.. and besides them turners dont look up they just concentrate on things going round and round:) if doesnt leak and is somewhere neat and tidy you should be fine it isnt a dress shop.

Just paint the room psychedelic colors. :rofl::rofl: You could bring some history into the classroom, play Yellow Submarine for background muzic, and sit on the floor and have deep discussions............

Interesting question. I had always just assumed the paint was water soluable because the paintballs are used in backyards, woods and other places where permanent paint would not be welcome. Typical of most assumptions, that is wrong. Some paintballs are made with oil based paints and others have their own proprietary mix. I spend a few minutes Googling and found nothing about clean-up. Looks like you may still have a mystery on yer hands.

Bruce, I asked a friend that is a paintballer and said to use dish soap, like dawn or palmolive with a Mr. Clean "eraser" Hope it helps.

My only solution for paint ball marks has been an ice pack, but I don't think that's the kind of marks you're talking about. :p