Some assorted stuff from the week

Dale Johnson

Lots of family problems this past few weeks, back spasmed so I couldn't sit so I stayed in the shop.
Salt and pepper set for my niece, a chef at Elway's in Denver. Made from apple wood from the home place.
Cigar pen, black titanium and buckeye burl.
Two flat top Americans in dyed box elder burl. Waste of wood on a cheap kit.

Attachments

• DSCF2154 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF2154 (Medium).JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF2157 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF2157 (Medium).JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF2158 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF2158 (Medium).JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF2160 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF2160 (Medium).JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 38
Sorry to hear about the family troubles and the back, that has to suck:(

The pens are outstanding and the salt and pepper shakers are really cool, is that some sort of an insert set?

Cheers!

trying to pick a favorite! :) can not do it! like all of them..

I can understand the "back" situation...

On the mend soon with you Dale.
Love the salt & pepper shakers! I have worked with these inserts and find them a joy. Your design is very user-friendly and they have a look of always having been on the table.
Take care Dale.

[QUOTE

The pens are outstanding and the salt and pepper shakers are really cool, is that some sort of an insert set?

Cheers![/QUOTE]

It is a plastic vial insert that I picked up from the local Rockler when I was doing a demo for them.

Nice looking work on all of it, Dale. :thumb: I haven't done any of the Flat Top American rollerballs like yours, but I've sworn off doing any more of the double-twist Flat Top American ball points. I had a success rate of about 50% with those. They were real finicky to get assembled just right, and about half the time the mechanism didn't work correctly when I was done.

I hope the non-turning issues soon turn into non-issues. ;)