Finally did a little woodworking

Matt Meiser

It wasn't much, but I finally did a little woodworking. These shelves are to display stuff, mostly my toy tractor collection in our home office. There were some existing pine shelves in one location and I decided to replace those and add more around the top of the room. In all I added about 18' of shelving. We chose the brackets because they go with the ceiling fan we installed last year. The shelves themselves are are red oak finished with Minwax Polycrylic waterborne poly which has about 6 drops of Transtint Honey Amber dye added to give the wood some color.

Attachments

• DSCF2042.jpg
    DSCF2042.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF2043.jpg
    DSCF2043.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF2044.jpg
    DSCF2044.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 56
Mine actually started when I was a kid. My parents bought me a few of the 1/64th scale ones every year for Christmas as toys. Over time I outgrew them as toys and kept putting them on a shelf. Now I still get them, but I've also bought some for myself along the way. My very first woodworking project was a display shelf for the 1/64th stuff which is full and I need to do another sometime.

Love seeing those John Deere tractors displayed. I have boxes and boxes of the big models I have been collecting for years too Matt. I have a few of them displayed in my office on top of the desk, along with my lighted John Deere clock, a picture of the family farm homesteaded here in 1867 and the last farm we owned just prior to my leaving the family farm to become a building contractor.

Attachments

• 100_2855.jpg
    100_2855.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 25