miter saw

Doug Sinjem

Looking to purchase a miter saw. Don't want a slider. Looking for accuracy and durabilty. This saw will be set up permantly on the bench top with extension tables and stops for repetitive cuts. I've used(borrowed) an Hitachi 15" saw in the past and seemed pretty heavy duty. I currently have a Dewalt thats going to be used for installs..its ok, looking for something better. Any thoughts or opinions.

Doug

Hi Doug. I have the Mikita 10" SCMS and think it is a good saw, at least for my usage. A lot of people like the Bosch CMS, and if I were in the market for a CMS, I would certainly give a close look at the Bosch saw in addition to the Mikita.

Hey Doug, I agree with Ken. Take a look at the Bosch. I have a Delta that I am pretty happy with, but I have pretty much become a Bosch fan.

Doug, if you are looking for a really accurate miter saw, they make ones that are at the same caliber as some of the other tools in your shop. i have no experience with these saws but they are supposed to be built like a tank. i can't remember the name off hand, i will do some searching and see what i can find.

good luck
chris

here ya go Doug, like i said i have never used them, but i heard people talk about them and they look to be built like a tank. worth checking out i guess.

http://www.ctdsaw.com/

be sure and let us know what you decide on

chris

Chris thanks for the info. I plan to get something like the CDT in the future for making mitered cabinet doors. That's down the road.

Right now it's btween the 15" Hitachi and the Bosch

Doug

doug, for accurate i stick to the 10" saws.....under a grand.......over a g......pistouris (sp?) out of ny....tod

Guess I won't mention the dewalts:doh: :huh:

Have four of them, older models.

2 705's
2 708's

All of them were perfectly square out of the box.

here ya go Doug, like i said i have never used them, but i heard people talk about them and they look to be built like a tank. worth checking out i guess.

http://www.ctdsaw.com/

be sure and let us know what you decide on

chris

Chris I was able to stop by CDT and check out their saws. Very heavy duty and well built. Their 12" version weighs in at about #150. I was also looking at Omga, they seem to be in the same league as CDT.

Doug