Passing It On

Doug Miller

My seven year old came out the other day while was doing a bit of clean up and asked if he could turn a pen. How does dad resist? This was not his first pen, but dad let him do a bit more of the turning on his own. Yep, we had to use 5 blanks to get 2 barrels, but that's ok. It is worth a bunch more blanks if he'll catch the bug. Anyway, he's pretty proud of his pen and dad's pretty proud of his boy.

Attachments

• Christopher Turning His Pen (600 x 450).jpg
    Christopher Turning His Pen (600 x 450).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Christopher's Pen (600 x 450).jpg
    Christopher's Pen (600 x 450).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Close up of Christopher's pen (600 x 450) (450 x 338).jpg
    Close up of Christopher's pen (600 x 450) (450 x 338).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 57
What a great looking pen and you can see just how proud your son is of the pen. Nothing can ever top the time spent with our kids. Well done!

Kids will mimic our actions, please wear your safety glasses.
Christopher looks proud and should be. Wonderful pen. Great craftsmanship.

Jonathan, you are absolutely right. He wants to wear the safety glasses because I use a full face shield. He can't wear the shield because of his head size. It just doesn't fit him. So, the glasses have to do for now.

I bet he's bragging it up big at school today!!! Congrats Dad!!:thumb:

Royal, there is no bragging at school because school is out. He did take it to church yesterday and show it off to anyone who would stop and listen. He likes to show off new things anyway, but that he turned it really tops the cake. He's still all smiles and ready to turn another one soon.

If my children were still young I would wish that they could work/share what their dad likes... More fun than video games.. and a beautiful/useful product when finished unlike a video game - when the game is over it is over.

Paul

Good lookin' pen and good lookin' kid! (Must take after his MOTHER!):rofl::rofl:
Bruce

Bruce, you're right, but there's no mistaking that he's my boy. Acts like his mother though. Maybe if he keeps acting as good all summer as he has been in the last couple of weeks, then I'll introduce him to his other desire, hunting. He wants to go to the woods with me so badly. Mom is pretty worried about it though. Seems my baby boy is growing up all of a sudden. :(

Thanks guys. We had to wait for him for so long. I really do enjoy the time he wants to spend with me. Momma has had the advantage so far, but the tide seems to be turning, and I like it. He really is becoming a big boy all of a sudden. It is so much fun now.