advanced search-fu

Is it possible (and if so, how does one do it) to search for posts by member X inside of threads started by member Z?

As far as I can tell, no. I can search for a specific term in all threads from a specific user, but I can't search for a user within another user's threads.

sorry bos sbut yu can... i did it already, go advanced and look for the user name yu are after in the search area under thread search//i was wrong...the boss is always rgiht:)

Last edited:
sorry bos sbut yu can... i did it already, go advanced and look for the user name yu are after in the search area under thread search

Larry, that gets you all the posts from a specific user that contain the word you're searching for. For example, you can search all of Mark's threads for the word "hammer", but it doesn't let you search all of Mark's threads for posts from Stu.

Mark's not only trying to make the search engine jump through hoops, he wants it to do a double flip with a twist in the half-pike position while it's doing it. :p

Click the Search this thread button, click advanced search in the drop down, click advanced search, enter first name in the blank (first letter of last name helps), all names that start with that first name pop up, select the one you want, hit enter. Shows all of that person's posts within that thread.
I believe this is what Larry was saying. Jim.

Last edited: