6" pvc or metal duct suppliers

Jim how long ago did you buy your pipe cause I haven't ran across prices like that anywhere. I also plan on using metal fiol tape for my joints so that I can take it apart if I want to.

I used 6" 3034 drain pipe from Menards. The price was ok. I ran 6" to every tool. For my saw and router table, I made a 6" to 5" reducer wye - a 4" take off for the saw blade and router bit areas. I had to make all new adapters for my tools, but using plywood and straight pipe stubs, it was easy. If I remember right, I used one of the links off Bill Pentz' website to get the 6" hose.

Sounds like you got a good deal on the spiral pipe - too good to pass up.

Alan, it was before the oil prices jumped, about 3 years ago. So yes, plastics have gone up since then. Many people were getting the 18.40 per 10' pipe from all over at that time. No clue what it would cost me now. Guess I'll find out by the end of the year, first of next year as I'll need another stick to rearrange for the, hopefully, new saw addition. Jim.

The nice thing about this is that every thing in my shop is mobile so that if I find that the 2 machines I want to run at the same time are on the same run all it takes is a slight rearrangement

If you were to run 8" to all your 6" drops you'd be able to use any 2 machines anytime. If you were to use 1 west & 1 east there may be some fallout in the duct, but that would clear when you open the last 2 gates on the same line. You should probably always run with 2 gates open.

So if I change to 8" running for about 15' along the west wall with 3 6" drops and wye off the 8" with another 8" going acroos the cieling to the east wall and make my drop for the tablesaw in 6" and whenI get to the east wall reduce to 6" for my bandsaw and lathe I should be good to do what I want machine wise.

I would do what you've just suggested. Someone else may do something different. ;)

Designing a system for 1 gate open at a time is easy. Designing a system with many drops, most of them open all the time, is not much more diffficult. What you want to do requires a bit of a balancing act. ;) Just for fun, open Bill's static calculator, and drop in 900 & then 1800 cfm through 6 & 8" pipe. See what happens to the air speed & static pressure in the 2 pipes.

So if I change to 8" running for about 15' along the west wall with 3 6" drops and wye off the 8" with another 8" going acroos the cieling to the east wall and make my drop for the tablesaw in 6" and whenI get to the east wall reduce to 6" for my bandsaw and lathe I should be good to do what I want machine wise.

Yes you will be fine. I am getting ready to step up to 8" splitinto two 6" lines or 1 10" line split into 2 8" lines. For pipe I found a local fabircator who makes all the fittings for spiral and is about 30% cheaper then any other place.

Next week when the salesperson I'm dealing with gets back from vacation I'm going to call her again to redo the pricing.