Sorry for this I was so mad I had to laugh

Rob Keeble

Well some of you know Stu is not the only one with the NN (North Neighbor).

I thought life was getting back to normal around here and have had a bit of time in the shop last few weekends.

Then today once again the Town is on the phone wanting a impromtu inspection of my shop. The poor by law official was apoligizing profusly.

Once again he asked if I was running a business. I told him if i was I would starve.:rofl::rofl:

Welcomed him round and completely forgot to take his picture. He was just too pleasant. Took him for a tour, he actually likes some of my tools told me does not have all of them but some.

Then he took some pictures and was on his way. Said his boss wanted one last visit and then they would write a letter letting the NN know that this was harasment.

I just had to laugh otherwise I might be on Cnn now as "That neighbor that ran a rampage through the other neighbors house and left a trail of you know what behind"

Guess summers here and the guys bored. Town said they sent them pictures with snow on the ground of people coming out of my shop.

Well dont they know we are not all hermits.:bang::bang: I actually have friends and they happen to want to see my shop. :doh:

Well we will see where this goes.

So Larry they unfortunately dont seem to understand the english in that note you left them. Think you have to come over but this time bring bow and lets do some practice on the deck with some makeshift targets. Maybe then they will get the message. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well sorry for the rant all. Sometimes you just gotta get it off your chest.;)

Think how much worse it would be if the law didn't agree with you and agreed with your neighbor! :eek::eek::eek:
At least be thankful you have officials with some common sense (here that is an oxy-moron! :dunno::dunno:). Sorry for the pesty neighbor, maybe you ought to host the Northern FWW get away next summer. Heck we all drive up, spend a couple of days, shoot some guns, fireworks, kill a hog and roast it over your cut offs, park in their yard!! :eek::eek::eek: good to dream sometimes:thumb: Continue being the adult in the neighborhood!!!:thumb::thumb:

Mmmmm.... hog roast... I'll just get to TO and then navigate by smell! :rofl:

Good luck and hang in there! And remember, if their tree is blown down by a storm and lands in your yard, it becomes your lumber! :rofl: (Don't try to quote my on this when OPP is hauling you off in the car with the pretty lights though!)

Well, I don't know about this post. It certainly sounds kind of suspicious to me.

I recall a couple of characters around your place, going in and coming out of that building you call a shop. I'm thinking if I was that NN, I'd have some concerns, and the first thing I would do would be to write a letter to the town authorities complaining about the riff-raff you let in to your yard.

As far as running a business from that shop, I don't think so!

BTW: Did you ever get rid of those 2 reprobates that were hanging around?

Well, I don't know about this post. It certainly sounds kind of suspicious to me.

I recall a couple of characters around your place, going in and coming out of that building you call a shop. I'm thinking if I was that NN, I'd have some concerns, and the first thing I would do would be to write a letter to the town authorities complaining about the riff-raff you let in to your yard.

As far as running a business from that shop, I don't think so!

BTW: Did you ever get rid of those 2 reprobates that were hanging around?

Well Pilgrim you could have at least smiled when you said that.

Its time to spruce that avatar up a bit.

Around where I live those that complain soon learn it doesn't pay. All it takes is a load of liquid manure spread upwind of their place when they happen to have a family function going on. :rofl: Generally we all get along around here.

youre going about this all wrong Rob.

You should go over to the NN house, shake his hand, ask him why he has a problem, youre willing to not disturb him, turn the machines off if he wants to nap.
Invite him over for a bbq, show him you just like to build things to pass time, use your hands, creative time, and maybe give him a cutting board or something small as a gift, a peace offering.

Give him a nice meal. Maybe uncork some beautiful red wine, nice, expensive stuff, offer him a seat, maybe your favorite seat, make him feel like hes an appreciated neighbor.

Then when he turns to pour himself another glass of wine.............

You should go over to the NN house, shake his hand, ask him why he has a problem, youre willing to not disturb him, turn the machines off if he wants to nap.
Invite him over for a bbq, show him you just like to build things to pass time, use your hands, creative time, and maybe give him a cutting board or something small as a gift, a peace offering.

Give him a nice meal. Maybe uncork some beautiful red wine, nice, expensive stuff, offer him a seat, maybe your favorite seat, make him feel like hes an appreciated neighbor.

See how sharp that new bandsaw blade is?

Be thankful you don't have a Sawstop?

What? Come on Allen, you got me wondering.

Last edited:
Thanks guys you helped me laugh again. :D Allen i liked you comments but I think I will go with Jonathans. Hey Mack I thought the two strangers here would sort them out. Kinda show them I have friends that can do damage.:rofl::rofl: But you were not scary enough.

Might get chance to see you at that Breakfast this weekend Eh!. Depends on the Loml and my behaviour between now and then.

Hey Paul that manure idea certainly sounds interesting except these guys never come out and never open a window. As for noise my shop is so tight what with insulation and double layer drywall and special goop their own aircon makes more noise than me. To start with you have to be in the shop to make any noise.:huh:

As the old saying goes this too will pass I suppose.:wave:

youre right rob, it will pass.
Eventually the town officials or inspectors will realize they are dealing with a fool(the NN) and got no life type, and will no longer pay any attention to him.

Plug the chair in and flick the switch.:rofl: