Finished Piano

My son Jarrod has been getting into Hand hand finishing so I have been lining up projects for him. This piano was his 1st total complete project job with no help. I am a proud papa. LOL
He still have the key board cover to finish.
This has been a good project for him because the customer is out of town allot and he can only work on the piano a few days a week. So he gets allot of time to think of and talk about what he is doing. I often tell students of the trade not to rush a job, if you are not sure think and reproach and ask questions.

We do our hand rubs very similar to Bills method but I like Minwax Tung oil instead. Light sand between each coat. We rub out with comit and paint thinner with the white synthetic pad and buff with 0000 liberon and wax.

Attachments

• CIMG0028.JPG
    CIMG0028.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 71
  • CIMG0029.JPG
    CIMG0029.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 72
  • CIMG0030.JPG
    CIMG0030.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 82
  • CIMG0041.JPG
    CIMG0041.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 87
He did a beautiful job, great job Jarrod! So I assume this is at the client's house? I would imagine that not moving it would be beneficial to both you and the client since your work wouldn't be messed up by moving it.

Now that's one tough piece to finish :eek: the piano finish is the finish all want to match. Sure looks like he pegged it. Looks good all around and the shine is absolutely great :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Nothing like a good "Piano Finish"... Especially when it is on a Piano. Looks great! :thumb:

Thanks for the posting and pass the accolades on to the rightful finisher...

As you say, a good finish takes time and more patients than Job.

Jarrod: thanks everyone for ur support it was alot of fun plus a bonus was i ddint have my dad checking up on me lol. i love finishing plus the look on a custimors face after just says job well done, and they job appreciation is addicting. im looking forward to doing more pianos. i diffidently think a piano is my favorite. cause there so high up on a costumers heart cause they just get passed down from generation to generation. and it feels good to brighten up history. anyways thanks everyone again for the comments im shore my dad will put more pictures up later of more work take care.

Hey Jarrod -

You ought to set up your own account here on the forum. We'd be glad to have you join the rest of us crazies. :wave:

Plus, then you can give us the REAL dirt on your dad. :p