Long time no post... SawStop Cabinet finished - finally

Bartee Lamar

I have not been in my shop at all. Got caught up in a web site side project. I think I am about done with any excitement at all from websites. Looking forward to building my skills in my shop.

I finally got my cabinet finished that goes under the SawStop extension table.

Here are some final pictures. There is a large album of the entire build here

Attachments

• IMG_0548.JPG
    IMG_0548.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 102
Bartee,

Welcome to the SawStop club! I'm sure you will like your's as I do mine. Good looking cabinets and perfect place for some storage.

How do you like the sliding table? Do you feel like you've given up anything positive?

Regards,

I love my sliding table !!!

I never operated the saw without it so I do not know what I gave up.

But, I know I make better cuts and the operation is much easier. If you look at the album for the SawStop cabinet, you will see pictures of me cutting very large panels with NO trouble at all.

My only disappointment is the slider is really not made for a sawstop. The saw stop table is thicker than standard saw and you really have to grind out the openings to get it to work. I do actually intent on removing it and remounting with better "washers". Look at some of these pictures ( 33-39) and you will get an idea....

All that said, I would do it again. I got my slider on a 25% off price so it was not too bad.

My outfeed table is also a very big help.

I also raised my saw 1 1/2". I am 6'2" tall. The saw table was just too low.

Hey Bartee, good to see you!

I love the cabinet, that is on my list of things to make when I get a chance, I really need some storage under the saw!

My back bench has worked out well too!

Nice job. Bartee. I like the pull out tray at the top of your cabinet. I can never have too much horizontal space in the shop.

Thats a very nice looking cabinet for your sawstop Bartee. I think when I build a cabinet for my ridgid saw I'm going to try and incorporate a pullout shelf in mine for prints, pencils and other assorted items that I always set on top of the saw and get in the way.

Bartee,

That's really cool. I'm glad to see the slider is working well. I looked at your pictures and it did look like a lot of work. I'm not sure I could have actually cut the portions of the fence rails required to install the new slider. Especially when the saw was new!!

One of my friends has a MiniMax multi machine (the CU410 Elite, I think) and seeing the sliding mechanism made me want something like it for my saw. Now that I've seen yours, ... Do you know whether the maker of the slider has any intentions of making one that is specifically for the SawStop?

Thanks for the info and once again, great job on both the saw and it's surroundings.

Bartee,

That's really cool. I'm glad to see the slider is working well. I looked at your pictures and it did look like a lot of work. I'm not sure I could have actually cut the portions of the fence rails required to install the new slider. Especially when the saw was new!!

One of my friends has a MiniMax multi machine (the CU410 Elite, I think) and seeing the sliding mechanism made me want something like it for my saw. Now that I've seen yours, ... Do you know whether the maker of the slider has any intentions of making one that is specifically for the SawStop?

Thanks for the info and once again, great job on both the saw and it's surroundings.

Maker of the fence is Jess-um ( their website ) marketed by Rockler. All of the JessEm stuff is marketed by Rockler in blue instead of Red.

I have read on other forums they are in some financial difficulty, but seem to have re-organized and will make it. So I doubt they will build a slider specifically for the SawStop.

I also have a mitre from jessem that I still use on the right side of the blade for angle cuts, since the SS is left tilt. I just feel more comfortable with the blade tilted away from the mitre gauge and me.

That is a nice cabinet. I like your design.
I wish you had posted this a month ago.
I built a cabinet for my saw, but like design better.
What kind of pulls did you use?