Yesterday was a beautiful day for a sale..

Chuck Ellis

We did our 4th Farmer's Market in downtown K'ville yesterday. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful. Sun shining, not too hot, the people were out in force with their dogs.. my wife goes along with me just to see the dogs...

I normally set up in the same booth space, but Friday when I opened the booth assignment, discovered my name left off and another vendor in my booth space... quick email to the coordinator. By the end of business day still had not heard back from her, but decided to go anyway and work out the problem when we got there... Fortunately about 10 pm Fri night got an email confirming location and an apology for the oversight... She really is a sweet young thing and really easy to work with.

Saturday, I think there were about 50 vendors.. maybe 15 farmers and the rest craft vendors... lots of jewelry, but fortunately few wood workers. Only other WW's I saw was a booth behind me that had a few wooden toys, small trucks and cars with wood wheels, round disc on strings like the old button toys my mother used to make for me when I was about 4 or 5... and another fellow who makes Dulcimers and cutting boards.. actually a strange combination of products. I was there with my collection of bowls, goblets, peppermills and a few pens.

Sales were soft, but not too soft... sold 2 small bowls, a peppermill, a dogwood natural edge goblet and took an order for two wine goblets on wood stems.. I undersold the wine goblets, but was to another vendor, so a discount was in order.

Lots of oohs and ahhs and several asked if I would be back next week.. they were between paychecks.. all in all, I was pleased with the day.

Attachments

• 10-564.JPG
    10-564.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 10-694.JPG
    10-694.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 40-739-6.JPG
    40-739-6.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 34-440.JPG
    34-440.JPG