Spalted bowl Blanks

larry merlau

ok i have 6 more cut that have got matt hutchinsons approval on the quality of the blanks these are spalted not punky and have some quilting as well on the last four pics.. the first pics are some existing in the rough spalted blanks yet to be cut out of hard maple the rest are soft maple.
IMG_1193tn_.jpg IMG_1194tn_.jpg hard maple 5 possible 5.5x8.5

IMG_1195tn_.jpg IMG_1196tn_.jpg soft maple 6 possible 5.5x10

IMG_1197tn_.jpg IMG_1198tn_.jpg soft maple with quilting 4 cut 5.5x10

IMG_1199tn_.jpg IMG_1200tn_.jpg

matt left here with 6 24" blanks of spalted hard maple that will be big bowls or platters...and he knows turning pretty well:) he was kid in a candy store :) so get in touch if your intersted by pm thanks for looking,, and thanks matt for stoppin over:)

Yep, it's true!

These blanks are great! The ones pictured on the bottom (numbers 3 and 4) are very well spalted, have virtually no punkiness, and even have a little curly grain throughout.

Larry, keep 'em comin'!!! :D Thank you!

Hutch

Last edited:
update!!

the spalt is traveling around folks but i got a few semi dry chocolates that arent cut to size yet just a new bandsaw blade i broke my one and only the other night on some spalterd maple thats headed to tennessse:) this stuff is gonna hit almost the four corners:) it gone to canada, tennesese, arizona, minnnestonie, hawaii and washington state. stil got some prospects left of the maple, and got around 6 chocolate choices.. oh and i got some headed to s. cal as well but i need to come up with a specail one to fill the order first..:) so get in touch folks the post man wil lbe happy to deliver... alla festa:)