Saved one

Well I was turning this nice piece of cherry that I got from Larry M. and it was turning so nice, I forgot to stop and cut through the side when hollowing it:(. I was just sick about the whole thing. But then I remembered an idea someone posted about making a wall thingy in this situation. I took the material that I had planned for the lid and made a bottom ornament out of it, cut it in half on the bandsaw, and cut the bowl in half and saved the good half. Then took some thin stock and made a back for it. So I made some lemonade out of this lemon:).

Attachments

• Cherry sconce1.jpg
    Cherry sconce1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 67
  • cherry sconce 2.jpg
    cherry sconce 2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 64
I would think you have just added to some peoples product line up. I can see a whole follow up on this one.

One way to reduce the ticket price of items in these times yet recover the effort. Why not deliberately split a few bowls turned just for this purpose. There are then two products out of one blank.

Great idea :thumb: Hey there could even be lamps place inside and turn them into wall lighting.

That worked out great, Barry. I've been saving both halves of a bowl that broke on me a while back for that same type of fix. They are shaped just right for sconce lamps.