getting to old for this (update)starting to get there

This is the house i'm working on at my real job.Of corse this will be a 100% finished basement.We will be putting a story and a half on top of this.It will be right at 10,500 sq feet heated.As i'm the lead man on this job i sure wish my boss would get me some help that shows up every day on time.We figure it'll take about 3 months just to frame it as there is a lot of special stuff going into it.I'll take some more pics as we progress.
Steve

Attachments

• 002 [640x480].JPG
    002 [640x480].JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 003 [640x480].JPG
    003 [640x480].JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 004 [640x480].JPG
    004 [640x480].JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
wow!!!

and yur worried about work i dont think so:) who ever is gettin this one has got some bucks somewhere.. thats one huge house and the site looks great too!!!

and yur worried about work i dont think so:) who ever is gettin this one has got some bucks somewhere.. thats one huge house and the site looks great too!!!

Larry yea i guess i'm not real worried about my job as we have another one about the same size coming up.Perry(my boss)has got the drive way going in right now.These are bouth for doctors.The one i'm working on is for a eye surgeon and the other DR. ownes a number of clinics.I haven't even seen that lot yet but i'm sure i will.

I guess I just don't understand folks who build that big. That's just an incredible amount of space. How many of us gew up with five or six siblings in a 1400sf house? How did we ever get by? :huh:

Most of the folks I work with are retired military, now contractor types working for the AirForce. Soooo many run out and buy three times the house they had all the time the kids were growing up. I can see trading up a bit, but they all buy 'big'. :dunno:

Yeah, anything over about 9500 sf is just a waste. :rofl:

I'll be looking forward to seeing progress pics on this one. Looks like it'll be a lot of work, but it should also be one to remember. :thumb:

So I guess the 3400 sq. ft. poolhouse I just built for the job I just finished isn't considered to much to go with the 8000+ sq. ft. house.:rofl:

We have several in the county that are in the million dollar class. Folks that own them keep a low profile. I'm sure Tod is familiar with some of them.
However, some are starting to come on the market as the retirees who built them are dying off or getting too old for such large places. From what I have seen, the asking prices are about 50% of what the owners have invested in the places. After all, if you can spend $1.5 million on a lodge, you are going to build what you want and not buy someone else's tastes.

I guess I just don't understand folks who build that big. That's just an incredible amount of space. How many of us gew up with five or six siblings in a 1400sf house? How did we ever get by? :huh:

Most of the folks I work with are retired military, now contractor types working for the AirForce. Soooo many run out and buy three times the house they had all the time the kids were growing up. I can see trading up a bit, but they all buy 'big'. :dunno:
Kirk i don't under stand it ether but i'm glad some folks can still afford it.
Yeah, anything over about 9500 sf is just a waste. :rofl:

I'll be looking forward to seeing progress pics on this one. Looks like it'll be a lot of work, but it should also be one to remember. :thumb:
Yea and here i got to live in my little 1600 sq foot house.I build the big ones just can't afford to live in them.:eek:
So I guess the 3400 sq. ft. poolhouse I just built for the job I just finished isn't considered to much to go with the 8000+ sq. ft. house.:rofl:
Alan if your like me we can build them just can't afford the elec bill let a lone the mortage payments.
you guys just have way to much money to play with:) building private cities to live in:)
Larry i wish i had some say in the money,but the boss keeps all that to him self.:(
With my available funds, I was thinkging about something like this maybe....:D

>>>Small House<<<

Stephen, Glad you keeping busy:thumb:, but also glad I'm not the one that will be making those mortgage payments. :eek:
Jeff like i said i coun't afford the elec bill let alone the mortage payment:rofl:
We have several in the county that are in the million dollar class. Folks that own them keep a low profile. I'm sure Tod is familiar with some of them.
However, some are starting to come on the market as the retirees who built them are dying off or getting too old for such large places. From what I have seen, the asking prices are about 50% of what the owners have invested in the places. After all, if you can spend $1.5 million on a lodge, you are going to build what you want and not buy someone else's tastes.
Your right Frank. The folks that have that kind of money want what they want and will get it.:D

Stephen it is looking like great fun so far. Good to see guys workin on bigger projects. I know a certain rough n trim carpenter who is currently out of work that could help you and won't show up late at all :wave: Too bad I live so far away :) Are they doing anything fancy in the basement? Theater or gym or something? Lots of space to fill!

Thanks for posting.

It will be interesting to see it as you progress.

I think you can say big, when it takes two pictures to get the foundation.

It's interesting that there is just enought concrete to get you out of the ground.

Make sure to show us the challenging parts.

Thanks for sharing.

Stephen it is looking like great fun so far. Good to see guys workin on bigger projects. I know a certain rough n trim carpenter who is currently out of work that could help you and won't show up late at all :wave: Too bad I live so far away :) Are they doing anything fancy in the basement? Theater or gym or something? Lots of space to fill!
Westley the area where you see the triple door opemings will be a bar-pool,play room:thumb: it will also have a large wine cellar.We have a elevator going in it also. The media room will be up stairs, also has a 2 chair salon.:rolleyes: Now i don't remember where the gym is going i'll have to look at the print.

Thanks for posting.

It will be interesting to see it as you progress.

I think you can say big, when it takes two pictures to get the foundation.

It's interesting that there is just enought concrete to get you out of the ground.

Make sure to show us the challenging parts.

Thanks for sharing.

Bartee as it's been raining here the last coumple days off and on we've been fighting the rain to get the floor trusses set. I'll post some more pics as we get something new to show.

Ha all. I brought the camera to work today so i got a up date.Here is some pics of the basement with the walls up and about 3 days of blocking.(i hate blocking) We got our ply today at lunch so we'll be getting that put on in a day or so.We have to go dig the basement and footers tomorrow for the other house, so no ply tomorrow:thumb: There is 168 sheets delivered,i figured 150 but the boss over ruled me on that.:rolleyes: Just thought i'd share my hot hot day with ya.:rofl:
Steve

Attachments

• 007 [640x480].JPG
    007 [640x480].JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 006 [640x480].JPG
    006 [640x480].JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 005 [640x480].JPG
    005 [640x480].JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 004 [640x480].JPG
    004 [640x480].JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 003 [640x480].JPG
    003 [640x480].JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 002 [640x480].JPG
    002 [640x480].JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 001 [640x480].JPG
    001 [640x480].JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 80
Hey all. Well here i am again.;) Just a little update on the build. Here is some pics of the print, just some elevison pics. Here are some pics of the flooring finally down,and a coumple of the guys pretending to be working.:rofl: I guess i'll put the one of me standing at the horses also as chicken (the black guy) got my camera and took it.
Steve

Attachments

• 015 [800x600].JPG
    015 [800x600].JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 013 [800x600].JPG
    013 [800x600].JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 012 [800x600].JPG
    012 [800x600].JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 011 [800x600].JPG