WIP - A kitchen for my son

Bryan Cowing

Weekend woodworking on his cabinets. Been at it since April. I am now at the stage of sanding and routing the bevel on the doors. Rockler had a sale on a cabinet door calculator for $12.50, ($ 26 with S&H in Canadian $$), but still well worth every penny. Probably the most accurately made doors I have ever done. 1st time using space balls with the raised panels too, will use them again. My son wanted only two doors on the pantry, so they measure 2'x7', weigh 38 pounds each. Pic of the doors, along with the two smallest.

IMG_0836.JPG

Weekend woodworking on his cabinets. Been at it since April. I am now at the stage of sanding and routing the bevel on the doors. Rockler had a sale on a cabinet door calculator for $12.50, ($ 26 with S&H in Canadian $$), but still well worth every penny. Probably the most accurately made doors I have ever done. 1st time using space balls with the raised panels too, will use them again. My son wanted only two doors on the pantry, so they measure 2'x7', weigh 38 pounds each. Pic of the doors, along with the two smallest.

View attachment 33529
What's that?:huh::dunno:

Wow! Those all look really great! :thumb:

If the large panels do not have left and right sides yet, could you maybe turn the right panel upside down from how it is pictured and take another pic? It looks like the grain patterns of each panel might look really good together with that orientation.

Wow! Those all look really great! :thumb:

If the large panels do not have left and right sides yet, could you maybe turn the right panel upside down from how it is pictured and take another pic? It looks like the grain patterns of each panel might look really good together with that orientation.
I just put the doors up against my tool cupboard for the pic. You are probably right, one is upside down! :doh:

got it now, the chart allows for tenon length./kept reading the chart and said how can the panel be narrower than the rails? then I realized the tenons were figured in......sometimes I get a slow start.
could ya imagine all the rescued lumber if everyone let the calculator do their numbers? lumber yards would probably take a hit with all those less errors.

Last edited: