look what i got in the mail

First and for most i'd like to thank Larry again for his kindness in sending me these great blanks.As you can see i got a great splated maple blank,and a wounderful walnut blank.Not sure what i'll make yet but you can bet when i do i'll post pics.:D:D:D
Steve

Attachments

• 009 [800x600].JPG
    009 [800x600].JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 010 [800x600].JPG
    010 [800x600].JPG
    79 KB · Views: 55
For such a grizzled-looking cuss, Larry's pretty OK, huh? :p Those both look like nice wood. When he said spalted maple he wasn't kidding. :thumb:

Yessir, I have to agree about "Good 'Ole" Larry. Here's what I got in the mail too. I've got to get together with a fellow turner to use his coring tool so I don't waste any more of this piece than I have to.

Thank you so much Larry. You are really an "Ambassador" of good will.

Aloha, Tony

Attachments

• box elder 2.jpg
    box elder 2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 14
Yessir, I have to agree about "Good 'Ole" Larry. Here's what I got in the mail too. I've got to get together with a fellow turner to use his coring tool so I don't waste any more of this piece than I have to.

Thank you so much Larry. You are really an "Ambassador" of good will.

Aloha, Tony

Tony great looking piece, wish i knew some one with a coring rig. heck i don't even know any turners except on line.:thumb:

Hey Stephen,

You just got to get out more. :rofl:

But seriously, get involved with a local turners group. How did I find my group? Well, my roofing contractor is a member and invited me. Strange how the connections happen, but they work. Great bunch of people and lots of great workmanship.

I'll probably have to wait until I return from vacation before trying to turn this piece. It won't spoil because Larry had it all sealed well in wax. (Or Anchorseal?)

I want to build a coring setup of my own, to scale for my Jet Mini. I don't see me getting anything bigger so that would do. I liked the one that someone posted the link to on FWW. That one might be best for me, but a McNaughton clone could be too.

Aloha, Tony