Another wood gloat

Chuck Ellis

I'm doing the Farmer's Market craft shows in K'ville... last month a lady came into the booth and had a conversation with my wife that she had maple tree that "had that disease" and had to be taken down. She said she didn't want to burn it and if I wanted I could have any or all of it... turned out to be about an 18 inch trunk and she had the entire tree cut up and stacked in her yard. I filled my little Ranger truck with all I could carry. I had to leave a few pieces of the trunk that had already been attacked by ants and all of the branch pieces..

I forgot to take pictures of the load in the truck, but finally got around to cutting a couple of the logs today.. also cut a chunk of cherry and another piece of the box elder before the old back gave out...

Attachments

• new 037.JPG
    new 037.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 47
  • new 038.JPG
    new 038.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 43
  • new 039.JPG
    new 039.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 39
  • new 040.JPG
    new 040.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 42
  • new 042.JPG
    new 042.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 40
  • new 046.JPG
    new 046.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 36
  • new 049.JPG
    new 049.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 40
  • new 051.JPG
    new 051.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 41
  • new 054.JPG
    new 054.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 35
Yep, that maple's horribly diseased. I think you should load it all back up in the Ranger and run it out here to Caleefornya so I can dispose of it for you in an environmentally safe manner. :D

Congrats on a reat hauls. :thumb:

Chuck,

Now you know that "Caleefornya" has to have the most strict regulations about bringing sick plants into their state. So just bring it to Missouri and I will dispose of it the correct way... Paul :thumb:

Last edited:
my mother always tried to explain to me the expression, "one mans garbage is another mans gold" or was it , "one mans trash, is another mans treasure"

I cant even remember, but it fits perfectly here.

Now ya guys know with the gas prices going up like they are Chuck needs to stay in TN. So he might as well just come on down here to Mcnairy county and we'll take it off his hands.:D:thumb::thumb:

Probably will have it all turned into chips by then, but one of these days I want to drop into McNairy County.... That's where my grandfather was born.
The whole clan, in-laws and out-laws migrated to Texas sometime around the civil war.

HEY LARRY, I THINK CHUCK'S BEEN SNEAKIN' YER STASH :p:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thats some nice spalted goodies Chuck :thumb: should make for some good lookin turnings:thumb:

That exactly what i thought, but then I guess it would have been a long way to go to neak a stash Tom.:thumb:

Great haul there Chuck. Amazing how wood seems to pop up when least expected.:)

Wow Chuck............ what a load............. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm sure you are going to make that nice lady something special to say thanks! :thumb:

That is definitely the plan...I'll make a bowl or something and just send it to her as a surprise.

If my intelligence factor would kick in, I should go back and get the rest of the wood. This is only two of the logs cut and I had a truck load..such as a truck load would be in a '91 Ford Ranger.

Probably will have it all turned into chips by then, but one of these days I want to drop into McNairy County.... That's where my grandfather was born.
The whole clan, in-laws and out-laws migrated to Texas sometime around the civil war.

Chuck if you ever do make it down this way ,give me a shout and we'll get together. there's not much to see but we'll think of something.:thumb: