I was asked

what we are doing in my avatar: Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs ! We went through 2 bushels. What a way to spent the afternoon.

My son Jon and his to be wife in October
Jarrod my #2 son and Manuel my adopted son so to speak who has worked for me for 7 years. One of the best finishers.

Attachments

• CIMG0030.JPG
    CIMG0030.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 50
  • CIMG0032.JPG
    CIMG0032.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 44
  • CIMG0035.JPG
    CIMG0035.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 35
Mmmmmmm...crab. Better than donuts.

homer_drooling.jpg

:D

Spent 1 1/2 years at Ft. Meade back in the 70's. once you've had some good crabs/crab cakes, you can't go back to regular food.:thumb: Too bad we can't get them here in Nebraska...I mean fresh on the hoof.:rofl:

Nah go on Dave but tell a guy like me how you prepare that crab. I can get fresh crab at a local supermarket, by fresh i mean live still kicking.

In the past just put it on the BBQ. but that gets boring.

Share your way please.:)

Live Crabsm.... Steam them.

We get a big steaming pot with a tray to keep the crabs off the bottom. Our pot will do about 3 dozen, put a dozen in then coat with OLD BAY seasoning repeat after the next dozen so on.

That's it !!! Never gets old LOL :thumb:

Dave you forgot the most important ingredient. BEER! I usually put in one cup of vinegar, two cans of beer, then you paralyze the crabs so they don't tear themselves apart when they start to cook. As you layer them sprinkle with old bay seasoning.

Has the crab population rebounded? When we left in 1998 the only decent crabs we could get were imported from Texas. Before that we would buy them live of the boat or get them already steamed from Auggies. I think they used a little rock salt when they steamed them cause I sure did drink alot of beer with them:thumb:.