Fit for a King?

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
This is my latest pen. It's an Ultra Cigar BP pen in upgraded (fancy) Gold/Chrome plating, obviously turned from X-Cut Black Walnut.

attachment.php

The cigar pen is a somewhat large style of pen that only some people like. This one has a little blahness surrounding it in my opinion. It is very sedate looking in the hand, like an old antique piece of furniture. The pic really doesn't do it justice!

Very well done. I don't see the "blahness". IMHO, very elegant looking.
I have not seen the Ultra before (or just haven't been paying attention). I like better than the regular.
Agree, the Cigar is a large pen. I find I have to turn straight B-to-B with no bulgies to make them comfortable for the average hand.

Great work Mack and I agree with Toni its too good to use or carry around for fear of losing it. By the way sorry i did not make it to the breakfast I will try harder for the next one. Trouble is rugby season is here now and i am the local taxi to the game which is on weekends.

Mack,
That's a really nice pen... I like the Ultra Cigars.. I think they are little gaudy if not done right, but this one is done right.

Surprisingly, the cigar is one of my better selling pens... I usually go B ot B on them and when done in Antler, I can't keep them in stock.. Acrylics sell next and then the woods, but all seem to sell fairly well.

You have such a surpurb finish on this one, I can't see any blah in it either..

actually mac its gold in the lazer work:) and it may be a king style pen but i am NOT a king.....jist a ole country boy without any pedigree,,that means "mutt" dan...:):thumb: thanks again

actually mac its gold in the lazer work:)
You're right there, Larry! I was in such a hurry to take a picture, I took it before I thought of the gold. What was I thinking!:dunno:
but i am NOT a king...
I'm betting there are a lot of members on this forum that would argue that point with you. They may not win the argument, but I'm sure there would be one!

Hey Mack

That is a real fine gesture and I would the first to argue with Mr. Merlau as to his status. Not being a fan of royalty, i would prefer a over used and under practised word like "leader".:thumb::)

That engraving sure came out well on the walnut. :)

Hey Mack

That is a real fine gesture and I would the first to argue with Mr. Merlau as to his status. Not being a fan of royalty,
i would prefer a over used and under practised word like "leader".:thumb::)
How about "King Leader".

That engraving sure came out well on the walnut. :)
I just wish I had got a pic with the gold inlay!:doh::(