Tweaking the DC at the Lathe

Stuart Ablett

I heard about doing this before, but I finally did it, I got a fan and pointed it so it blows from behind me over my shoulder, past the work area, and towards the DC inlet...............
dc_backup_fan_1.jpg dc_backup_fan_2.jpg
..... the fan is one of them Vornado fans, it blows in a fairly tight column of air
530-hero.png
..... and boy am I impressed about how well this works.

It really does make a difference in the amount of dust that gets left behind.

I'd really suggest this as a mod to your turning area! :thumb:

You still turn?

:rofl:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D I was thinking the other day about how busy you've been with apartos and such, and figured your lathe was getting lonely down there in the Dungeon.

Yada yada yada :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, busy, that is me. :dunno:

I had a couple of hours this morning. First thing I had a delivery, then around noon I had to take the girls to their choir lesson, so a couple of hours of free time was just setting there waiting, so I warmed up the lathe and had at it!

Cheers! :wave:

Thanks Stu. I had never thought about using one of those fans. I have a fan behind me and it works fairly well but not as good as I would like.

I was going to ask the same yada, yada, yada question that Vaughn asked. You still turn Stu?:rofl::rofl:

Giving ya a hard time. I have the same problem with time but 196 days and will then turn to my hearts content.:D;):rolleyes:

I use a fan. Not as sophisticated as Stu's. This emerged from a clutter box a couple years ago. I find handy when turning dusty and/or toxic woods.

Edit: I know, no picture. My 'puter garbages up after about three hours of use and I have to reboot several times a day, couldn't open the photo uploader. Try again.

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: