Nova 1624 issue?

Joe Mioux

I have been meaning to post this for some time now, but ... welll........ you know........ stuff happens .........and one forgets.

anyway. I awhile back I was turning my first bowl on the 1624. during the turning the spinning slowed and I heard noises from the pulleys/motor.

It turns out that one of the pulleys shifted. I adjusted and continued but had the problem reoccur............several times thereafter.

This seems like an easy fix, but it isn't. the pulleys keep moving.

can any one help answer this problem/question?

thanks
joe

+1 for what Bruce says. Their service is really good. I had this begin to happen once but caught it during a speed change; realigned, tightened set screws and no further problem.
Good Luck, I'm sure Tim Giest will be a lot of help.
Jerry

Jerry started down the path I was going to get on. Loosen the set screw, position the pulley, re-tighten the set screw this time with the medium loc-tite. That should solve the problem once and for all. If not Tim will get 'er done for you.

Jerry started down the path I was going to get on. Loosen the set screw, position the pulley, re-tighten the set screw this time with the medium loc-tite. That should solve the problem once and for all. If not Tim will get 'er done for you.

Is this a common issue with this lathe?

thanks joe

Nova 1624 issue

I have had mine for two yrs and never had a problem,but when I 1st got it,I went over it completly and checked it for alignment an loose bolts screws an whatever.I did recently have the little plate that holds the tailstock spindle screw in place keep coming out on it,so I called Tim an was gonna order a new one an he told be where a set screw was that holds it in place,problem solved.