10" table saw blade

Dan Thibert

I was cutting the styles and rails for my kitchen cabinets yesterday and the saw does not seem to be cutting the way I would like not to mention it is leaving burn marks on the wood.
I am not the sharpest tool int he box but I am guessing I need to change my saw blade.
Here is my dilemma!!

I do not have much money to play with so buying a $150 saw blade and still be able to sleep inside the house is not going to work. :rofl:
I especially need a blade that will cut 1/4 plywood cleanly for the panels of the doors I am making.
HD has the Diablo blades for reasonable moneys, are they any good or am I just waisting my $$$?
Any low cost high quality blades out there? :huh:

I know you get what you pay for, but I need to work within a budget.

The other thing is I am currently using a multi-purpose blade, is it better to get multiple blades each designed to do its own task?
If so what types of blades are best to have?:dunno:

Thanks
Dan

Before buying new, maybe look into getting it sharpened. Also cleaning the blade might help too. There are lots of products out there to do so, I just can't remember any of them. :doh:

I may try some Denatured Alcohol and see if that helps? I may also pick up a plywood cutting blade and maybe a ripping blade since I do not have either of those just the general purpose blade.

Dan, clean the blade and if that does not help then go to HD and get a Diablo, they are good blades for the money.

You don't have to get a 10 inch blade, a 7 1/4 will do what you need it to do. You can get the 40 tooth Diablo for $15.

I do not have to get a 10' blade for my table saw? What is the downfall? can not cut as large a peice of wood? Is there a reason to go with one or the other sizes?
I know I have a 7 1/2 dado set, never thought of going with a smaller blade!

I do not have to get a 10' blade for my table saw? What is the downfall? can not cut as large a peice of wood? Is there a reason to go with one or the other sizes?
I know I have a 7 1/2 dado set, never thought of going with a smaller blade!

The only down side is the height of the cut, in fact it takes less power to make cuts with a smaller blade. That is why dado blades are smaller then normal blades.

I wouldn't use my dado blade to do normal cutting, you will dull one blade more then the other and your dado cuts may not be as good that way.

On my old Craftsman 8 inch really under powered saw all I used was the 40 tooth Diablo blade and it worked out very well.

I would not use the Dado blade for anything other than what it is intended.

The 7 /12 blades are a bit cheeper and I do not cut anything deeper than 1 1/2" usually when using my cross cut sled. Otherwise most everything I cut is 3/4".

Maybe I will pick up a 24 tooth Framing blade (I assume that is the same as a ripping blade) and a 40 tooth finish/plywood saw blade both 7 1/2"?

At $25 for both blades that is a steel and I will pick up some Simple Green to clean the blades.:thumb:

I notice no one says anything about amana saw blades. I know they are expensive but whenever we put a new one in the saw there wasn't anything like it and they sure seemed to last longer.

OK.. You did not hear this from me but....

Harbor Freight...

46231.gif

Check out this link... This looks like a Freud copy.

I have a couple of these. For the price they are really pretty good.

They only bad thing is HF shipping is kinda high. Also search for blade 10" on their site. There are several others.

BTW... The blade that came with my SawStop is a China blade also :huh:

Dan - The Freud Diablo and TK/Avanti blades are typically pretty good bargains IME, but like any blade, it's important to get the right blade. A Hi-ATB grind will give the cleanest cuts in ply with the lowest amount of tearout. Most Hi-ATB grinds can be found on 80T and 100T ply/laminate/veneer blades, but they're outstanding crosscutters as well. Freud's TK 80T Hi-ATB is the LU79R010...a little pricey but is excellent at in ply and crosscuts.

Infinity makes a 60T Hi-ATB blade with a 5° positive hook that's excellent in ply, excellent in crosscuts, and happens to give really clean rips up ~ 5/4", so it really makes for a pretty nice all purpose blade unless you need to rip heavy stuff over 1-1/2"....it's the 010-060. It's very similar to the Forrest WWI but is less expensive...on sale for $60. :thumb:

If that's too steep, you might try a Freud LU88R010, a 60T standard ATB blade with a 15° hook that's listed as a crosscut blade but will rip a little more efficiently than the 010-060 (up to ~ 6/4") but isn't quite as good in ply. It runs ~ $45 on sale, currently on the high side at $55. The Freud Avanti TK406, Diablo D1060X, or Ridgid R1060C (by Freud) are very similar with smaller teeth....all in the $35-$45 range. The new R1060C has a dual side grind like that found on the Freud Fusion, which gives a very polished edge, but note that the dual side grind can burn a bit more easily but shouldn't be an issue for most tasks. The Sears Professional 32808 series appears to be made by Freud also...very similar to the TK406, 1060.

The nice thing about the 60T blades mentioned above is that they'll really handle general purpose work for most situations. You can always add a 24T ripper later on if need be, and have nearly all your bases covered.