Help identifying a saw blade

Dan Gonzales

Hello All,

My Dad gave me this mystery blade that someone gave to him with a bunch of junk blades.

It is a made in the USA Deciban Professionals 10" diameter blade with a 5/8" arbor hole. The saw plate is steel .095" thick, brazed carbide cutters .130" wide with a flat top grind.

I am guessing it is a type of metal cutting blade, any info would be appreciated.

Cheers.

deciban.jpg

Last edited:
My guess would be the same as yours, but I'm pretty ignorant about metalworking tools. I'm curious to see what someone who actually knows has to say. :rolleyes:

according to google i also say its a metal cuttun blade, and probally a non ferrous one,, but it could very well be used for crosscuting and do a good job have seen them used for that in mitre saws.. it also might be a ceramic blade for cuttin tile.

i use nonferrous blades in my chopsaws....takes a bit more power to push through the wood but they cut well and last quite a while.

Stone or concrete blades I've seen and used were diamond embedded to cut stone or tile. They didn't use carbide for that. From the looks I'd say non ferrous metals is what its used for

Hello All,

My Dad gave me this mystery blade that someone gave to him with a bunch of junk blades.

It is a made in the USA Deciban Professionals 10" diameter blade with a 5/8" arbor hole. The saw plate is steel .095" thick, brazed carbide cutters .130" wide with a flat top grind.

I am guessing it is a type of metal cutting blade, any info would be appreciated.

Cheers.

View attachment 33925

Not guessing...applying logic and 35 years of Industrial Problem solving...
Diamond would be for stone. Carbide won't work.

Metal cutting blade would be more teeth and ATB/Triple chip with negative hook angle. I cut a lot of Non-ferrous on my table saw and that blade isn't even close to a Non-ferrous blade. I also have a blade to cut Ferrous on my tablesaw...not close either!

24 teeth, Flat top grind. Positive hook tooth angle would be a rip blade for wood. Compare the description to the cataqlogs...

Since it is a 10" blade with 24 carbide teeth, flat top grind, .130 thick and a positive hook angle, it would "seem" to Best Fit the description of a standard Wood Cutting Rip blade.