Granddads Tools

Holy cow:eek: that is some seriously cool old iron Vince:thumb: Looks like you should dust your Grandpas tools off and put it back to use:) Oh and welcome to the forum :wave:

My grandpa has been gone for 20 some years and I still remember with great passion going in his garage (semi shop) in awe of the feeling of just being there:D:D:D Enjoy it as much as you can!!! OH and watch yer fingers of them open gears:p:D Where are you located?

My grandpa has been gone for 20 some years and I still remember with great passion going in his garage (semi shop) in awe of the feeling of just being there:D:D:D Enjoy it as much as you can!!! OH and watch yer fingers of them open gears:p:D Where are you located?

I'm a long ways from Kansas (went to cp and put in my location)so I haven't been home much.

My first shop experiences were with my granddad (who was from Kansas, coincidentally). I still have some of his tools, but nothing as cool as the old iron in your pictures. Great stuff.

So...that must have been quite a twister to blow you all the way to the Virgin Islands, Dorothy. :D This forum has a few Canadians and an American living in Japan, a South African living in Canada, one or two Americans in Mexico and South America, so why not a Kansan in the VI? :p

Vince, It's great to see the old machinery, especially stuff that was Grandpa's. :)

I have a bunch of stuff that was my Grandfather's....I'll try to get organized and get some photos on the site. One of my favorites is his workbench, which he built when my father was one or two years old (early 1940's).:thumb:

Vince, really neat old equipment. Knowing the history, would be a shame to let them get away. Some people only see scrap metal (money), all of us see useful, interesting ole iron we would love to own, you have the memories along with it. Hope you find a home for it when it is time. Enjoy Grandpa, mine have long been gone.