Rounding over

Syd Lorandeau

Hi All,
In the past I have made some cutting boards or serving trays but they have been round so I go from the band saw to the lathe and finish them up.
Well when turning them my rounding over was like a 1/2" or better taper into the board. Well I moved on the different shapes and LOML does not like the round over I am now putting on them with the router as she likes the slim edge.
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can do this short of one lot of sanding??? Hope this is somewhat clear but I went from round to this.
Thanks, SydC:\Users\Syd\Pictures\Cutting Boards\DSC05026.JPG

Syd, I can't see the picture you tried to post (it's pointing to a photo on your C: drive), but for most of the cutting boards I've done, I used a 3/8" roundover bit on the router, then softened things up with a bit of additional sanding.

Hi All,
Vaughn, I have printed it out this time so now all I will have to do is remember where it is.
Ron, who cares about the the photos, come to NH for a ride in the truck.
Bill, not in your league for cutting boards--man those are nice!!!!
Syd

Hi All,
Vaughn, I have printed it out this time so now all I will have to do is remember where it is.
Ron, who cares about the the photos, come to NH for a ride in the truck.
Bill, not in your league for cutting boards--man those are nice!!!!
Syd

If I can do it anyone can, its really not that hard. I use the Wood Whisper's plans to start and went from there.

Hi All,
More rain so I got some computer time to try postings pics.
Al -- I tryed that but she wants more taper, I guess Vaughn is right - round over and sand.
Bill -- What is Wood Wisper and can I get there??
Now to see if the pics came out or not?
Syd
P.S. Two cherry abnd two corian.

Attachments

• DSC05026 (600 x 450).jpg
    DSC05026 (600 x 450).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 25
Hi All,
More rain so I got some computer time to try postings pics.
Al -- I tryed that but she wants more taper, I guess Vaughn is right - round over and sand.
Bill -- What is Wood Wisper and can I get there??
Now to see if the pics came out or not?
Syd
P.S. Two cherry abnd two corian.

Those are great looking boards, I call them bread boards not cutting boards but I really don't know why.
I really like the corian ones..

The Wood Whisperer is a young mane that does some really nice work and he as some very nice videos to help others learn.

http://thewoodwhisperer.com/

If you go here and look down the list you will see #7 part 1 and 2, these are his cutting boards.

http://thewoodwhisperer.com/archive/

I agree...those boards look great, Syd. :thumb:

Here's a close-up of the kind of rounded edge I was making...

Red%20White%20Brown%20Detail%20500.jpg