Short road trip!!

larry merlau

well i got two more notches this weeknd,, got to met jim delaney and his wife mida,, also ran acrcoss a hick down there that knew my language:) robert mckinley.. now we have seen some clutter before but its amazing what robert has truned out of his clutter shop.. and with gift of gab its awonder he gets anyhting done.. we all had a great time, and found two more examples of why this forum is what it is.. the folks that participate in it make it this way.. so thanks again to both of you folks, jim and robert...:D:thumb: and i didnt need any red underwear or get any tickets jim:)

well that wize man forgot to bring it and they others didnt taken any.. but it really did happen i had made some prior replys that i wanted to keep and i am glad i was able to.. definatly a enjoyable visit..

Yeah, it really DID happen! Our wives went off to a quilt show for the day, and Larry and I went runnin' around to Hartville Hardware and such, then over to Robert Mickley's place. Stopped off at his organic garden site first, then on over to his shop.

We spent a couple hours over there and Larry came away with about fifteen bf of that really nice curly maple.

Had a couple nice meals - At a nice Italian place on Friday night, and steaks on the barbie last night, and just generally enjoyed one anothers' company. The wives hit it off just as well as we did, so it made for a great visit!

Last edited:
By the way, Larry - how did Randi like that 6/4 maple armrest she had for the trip home? I sorta got the impression she was less than happy with that idea...

we were fine i had her convinced it wood be good for her carpul tunnel she has flare up some times.. we put a blanket over it and drove right on threw not one problem..it was great as arm rest.. and vaughn i didnt have enough rope,,:rolleyes: she had left that at home so i was on a strict rationing :)