something new from my hubby

Dawn Kight

The new GRIPS are made of Cherry. The old ones are made from what ever they have in the Philippines.

Before
s6302241a.jpg

After (They are book matched)
S6302397.jpg

Very cool. :thumb: I'm interested in the IDPA, but the closest matches are not real close to where I live. Plus, I'm trying to watch my expenses pretty closely these days, and I suspect pistol competitions are a slippery slope much like woodturning. :)

Nice gun and grips Dawn! Good one Hubby!!!
Thinking of doing some checkering? I don't like gloves and the kids are putting it to me at our gun range in the back pasture, making me sweat more and more so I would need checkering in order to hold it consistently.
Good luck on the shooting!! My wife and two girls and I love shooting .22's out back at our range.

Very cool. :thumb: I'm interested in the IDPA, but the closest matches are not real close to where I live. Plus, I'm trying to watch my expenses pretty closely these days, and I suspect pistol competitions are a slippery slope much like woodturning. :)

most competitions are free to Women so I'm lucky in that department, but as I get to the more regulated competitions money might be an issue also my husband and I are going to start reloading our own ammo

Nice gun and grips Dawn! Good one Hubby!!!
Thinking of doing some checkering? I don't like gloves and the kids are putting it to me at our gun range in the back pasture, making me sweat more and more so I would need checkering in order to hold it consistently.
Good luck on the shooting!! My wife and two girls and I love shooting .22's out back at our range.

No checkering the hubby put a beeswax finish on them and cuts down on the slipping. Our 9 year old daughter is joining the youth league at the range (.22 rifles) she starts in a few weeks

hehehhee they are vaughn , i used to shoot competition trap 20 years ago , and it was expensive then , (about 2 bucks a box) especially when you do 5000 rounds a week . probably going to pay for it in a few more years with shoulder troubles :rolleyes: