Clamp racks...let's see what ya got.

yeah rennie beat me to it,, i have always had mine hagin but never as neat as your are allen, although the thought of havin them mobile is something i might consider, see i dont move as well as you folk and could use them as a cructh in am mergncy. nice rack allen

Larry,
Would that have anything to do with a tree and some rocks?
Keith

Last edited:
Actually I think it's a great idea. I can't wait to get home and turn my Jorgies upside down. Can't understand why I didn't think of that! :doh: :bang:

if the cost of 4" aluminum angle doesn`t scare you just wait `till you gotta resharpen the dado blade after cutting all those slots:eek: ......ol` bruce has a few "ins" when it comes to metal workin`...

if the cost of 4" aluminum angle doesn`t scare you just wait `till you gotta resharpen the dado blade after cutting all those slots:eek: ......ol` bruce has a few "ins" when it comes to metal workin`...

If I recall correctly it's 4x6x3/8. I paid about $75 through a friend that owns a commercial machine shop.
Did the slot work myself.

Here is my small rack behind the entrance door to the shop is where I keep most of my clamps & another rack for Quick Grip clamps & thanks to Vaughn I have just receiver an E-mail from Rockler that my 8 wood screw clamps are on the way. Hmmm I wonder where I'll put them? I'll just have to consult with my friend Frank Pellow fellow small shop owner.

I thought having a clamp rack behind the door made good use of space normally not usable. Waste not want not.

Attachments

• Quick Grip Clamps.jpg
    Quick Grip Clamps.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Clamps.jpg
    Clamps.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I do not like my set up very much because it is not mobile. A lot of walking and carrying of clamps when I need them. It is even worse when I need to put them all back. The reason that I do not have them on a movable rack is that I am out of room. No other option that I can think of.

Nice setup Allen. I had to wait until I got home to see it. I guess the firewall at work blocks photobucket. :(

I find that they are eaiser to get in & out when the weight is at the bottom.
Less risk of bopping my head.:doh:

hey bruce one big problem when you need to get you stuff in the shop you have to move al of them:huh: as well as that funnt lookin drillin thing back there.. but i was impressed in the alum braket i knewit was gonna be metal..

and i was speakin abut the clamps yup swear toit

Here are my racks. I think they take too much valuable space. A mobile unit isn't an option sice it takes quite a bit of space in my limited basement also. One day I'll figure out what to do.

jy_clamps%2003182005.jpg

More pics and a write up here.

I'm tight on space and worked real hard at getting my clamps to have easy access and serve double duty with other shop items. In this picture you can see a small clamp caddy and other quick releases on the back of my drill press. The rack on the drill press is removeable to be mounted on the wall in a pinch should I need to back the drill press against the wall. An option tha seemed clever at the time but which I've yet to exercise.
Shop - Clamp Storages 001.JPE

This one shows one of my Bessy racks which also has little shelves behind the vertical bars of the clamps to store the 24 set up blocks for the Bessey's I have.

Shop - Clamp Storages 002.JPE

Same rack but showing lower portion of which which stores Bessey corner clamps. Some behind bars and some are situated below.

Shop - Clamp Storages 003.JPE

Shop - Clamp Storages 004.JPE

Another Bessey rack on other side of garage door from previous rack which has storage for more Bessey corner clamps and also a space for my ratchet case which is stored and slides out from behind the vertical bars of the Bessey bar clamps.

Shop - Clamp Storages 005.JPE

Half dozen 5 foot Besseys set up in what would be a dead space area horizontally. Under clock.

Shop - Clamp Storages 008.JPE

Bunch of misc small hand clamps stored overhead affixed to underside of overhead wood storage area and garage door opener.

Shop - Clamp Storages 007.JPE

Another Bessey rack which is designed to allow band saw to back into for space saving purposes.

Shop - Clamp Storages 010.JPE

Shop - Clamp Storages 011.JPE

The last area is behind my TS for the few remaining that I would seldom need.

Attachments

• Shop - Clamp Storages 009.JPE
    Shop - Clamp Storages 009.JPE
    15.1 KB · Views: 25
Thanks guys!

That's a new one on me Kevin. How clever to make a clamp rack on the back of your drill press. Mobile and efficient.

I remember your's from a while back Bruce. Really impressed me.

Last edited:
Here is one of two clamp racks based on Bruce Page's design. They work great and look neat.

Attachments

• gararge shot of clamp rack 2.jpg
    gararge shot of clamp rack 2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 29
  • close up of rack pic 7.jpg
    close up of rack pic 7.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 31
  • clamp rack straight 3.jpg
    clamp rack straight 3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Bruce Page Plans pic 8 closeup.jpg
    Bruce Page Plans pic 8 closeup.jpg