Wood Gloat

Kevin Vernon

Ok, gang -

Y'all tell me how good a gloat this is:

The other day I noticed, sitting out behind a local liquor store, a couple of wood wine bottle display racks, so I popped in & asked them what was up with those rack out behind their back door, and was told that they were being disposed of.

I took a closer look & thought they looked a bit ratty - then I got a good whiff. These things are made of CEDAR!! :headbang:

So, always being on the lookout for and inexpensive source of materials, I went and got my trusty hammer & began knocking the bad boys apart.

There were some very nice dividers between each wine-bottle sized well, cedar boards 11/16" thick, 10"wide, tapered at each end, the short side being 36" long, and the long side 43".

3672761815_a5ee0ec335.jpg

Ok, so nice board. "Big deal", I hear you say. In the Immortal Words of every Infomercial ever made: "But Wait - there's More!"

I scored a total of 68 of these boards. :thumb::cool::b-day:

3673571814_b239d6b19f.jpg

That's right - 68 of 'em.

I ripped one down, just to see what I could see:

3673572176_79a5f87459.jpg

These are some nice smooth edges:

3673572612_bc061fa931.jpg

Oh, the "Gloat" part? Aside from about an hours worth of knocking them apart, these 68 wonderful smelling Cedar boards cost me absolutely NOTHING. :rofl:

Wheeeee! :p:cool:

-Kevin in Indy (Can anybody tell I'm in a good mood?)

Ya never know where your going to score a great wood find do ya :thumb: Nice find and a good bit of recycling also :D Be sure to show us what ya build with the cedar :wave:

Kevin :

That's a gloat in my book! Please keep us apprised of what you build with it . . .

"Curbside shopping" is the phrase we use when we rescue things from the garbage truck.

Cheers

Jim

My kind of Wood...

but as always, LOML really hates when I dumpster dive.

It is terrible that all of that almost ended up in a land fill.

GOOD JOB...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just change the name to "Curbside Shopping" for a sophisticated people and all will be well.