My home shop

I had this built in 90 and finished a lot of furniture there untill one day I walked out side and say a cloud of lacquer floating through the neighborhood and realized I needed a commercial shop. My wife is the only person who has been using it lately for the tread mill and the kids for storage. I noticed some water damage in the ceiling a few weeks ago and had the roof replaced and now I'm replacing the ceiling dry wall. I also put cable TV in and now I am going to start up the shop again but as an art studio now that the boys are gone and I can move the tread mill into one of the boys room. All in all not a bad shop 18'x20

Attachments

• CIMG0012.JPG
    CIMG0012.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 159
  • CIMG0015.JPG
    CIMG0015.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 156
  • CIMG0016.JPG
    CIMG0016.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 199
  • CIMG0017.JPG
    CIMG0017.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 197
  • CIMG0028.JPG
    CIMG0028.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 171
Here is the reason I built my home shop, It's my portable printmaking press I bought in 90 and then built my shop to set up my printmaking studio but my 3 son's and wife with her tread mill soon took it over. Now I have it back the press is getting restored hopefully with in the year I'll be up and printmaking once again after a 40 sabbatical.

CIMG0012.jpg

CIMG0015.jpg

CIMG0029.jpg

CIMG0013.jpg

CIMG0016.jpg

That looks like a real useful space for qa lot of things. I think you're the first guy I've met who has a printing press as a hobby. I guess it makes as much sense as having industrial woodworking tools as a hobby...just hadn't seen it before. :)

The press is for the art of printmaking which at one time I was one of the top in the country for pulling plates, inking exc. I have always had the artistic side of me nipping at my heals but it has never cough up to me but getting very close.