annual outing with grandsons

Frank Fusco

My fraternal twin grandsons and I went to the Buffalo Point National Park Serivce campground near Yellville, Arkansas this week. While there we took a canoe float on the only national river, the Buffalo. This campground is only 40 miles from my home and is part of all the great beauty that endears us to this part of the U.S.
But, I digress. Must switch to bragging. :D
Attached is a picture of the boys, age 9, while on the river. Brendan to the left and Heath closest to me.
Note: Grandpa was a good grandpa. Made them wear life vests even though they swim like fish and sunscreen because their mother would skin me :rolleyes: if I didn't make them use it.
We took a 7 1/2 mile float that required five hours. That included several stops. One to eat and let the boys swim. Two just to let the boys swim. And, one to allow me to rest and get in shade to avoid heatstroke. My energy reserves ran out at about four hours. The last hour paddling was real work. Feared my shoulders would be very sore and stiff in the a.m. but they are only a tiny bit sore.
Goes without saying, both the river and the experience were beautiful.

Attachments

• boys on Buffalo.jpg
    boys on Buffalo.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 33