OH MY........... TWO Teenage Girls Now Live In My House.........!!!!!

Stuart Ablett

Yep, our baby girl Mizuki (the tall one) is now 13, so I have two teenage girls living in my house :eek:

I'm thankful for......

A tankless water heater, that way I can still have a hot shower when I eventually get in there :doh:

TWO Toilets :thumb:

Soundproof bedroom walls........... ours and theirs......... :D

And last, but not least, that I've been so blessed with such good girls.

Some pics!

mizuki_13th_b-day_1.jpg
My lovely three girls, Erika, Emiko, and the birthday girl Mizuki!

If you don't mind me bragging a bit, here is Mizuki with her perfect English test........
mizuki_perfect_english_test.jpg
...... I know she has a leg up, with us speaking English at home etc, but still, she is the only one in her class to ace the test :clap:

mizuki_birthday_quilt_2009_2.jpg
Here is Mizuki with the quilt that my mother made for her, the dogwood flowers in the middle are called "Mizuki" in Japanese, just like her name :thumb:

erika_birthday_quilt_2009_1.jpg
Here is a picture of Erika, with the quilt that my mom made for her birthday in May, both girls are thrilled with their quilts.

Well, that is it for today!:wave:

Beautiful family Stu. My father-in-law had 5 daughters and one bathroom. He said he could never get in the bathroom but he did have some beautiful rose bushes that seemed to grow real nice on the side of the house. :rofl::rofl:

Hey Stu good looking family. I am not sure which is better a house loaded with male egos or a house loaded with females. :rofl: Ours is stacked to the male side going gets tough at times when the young bucks try out their new horns.

Man those quilts are something else. Your mom does fine work. Those flowers are excellent.:thumb:

Its only when one comes into close contact with a quilt that you get to appreciate the level of effort work that goes into them.

Hey some of us make a set of dovetails (well except for Toni) and wwe have gaps that get filled with filler to hide them, but with quilting every stitch needs to be consistent. Definitely not for me.:D

Congrats to Mizuki on the English test. :congrats:Probably very useful skill to have in Japan eh!

congratulations to the birthday girl!

ya gonna start dealing with the boys soon,,,,,,,,,knock knock......hello Mr. Ablett, is Mizuki home?

nice looking family you got there.

congratulations to the birthday girl!

ya gonna start dealing with the boys soon,,,,,,,,,knock knock......hello Mr. Ablett, is Mizuki home?

nice looking family you got there.

Thanks everyone.

Allen, you are right, and I've been practicing my "Don't mess with me sonny" look and attitude :D

Simple, "If you make 'her' cry, I'll make 'you' cry......" :thumb:

Cheers!

Congrats to the B-day girl Stu! I had one of each, I'm still trying to decide which one was worse as a teen. I'm leaning towards the girl, mostly because the boy was more predictable...he was guaranteed to do something dumb every once in a while, luckily nothing ever serious. He's an absolute joy to be around now days, but there for a while...:)

Happy B-Day Muzuki and congrats on the english test.
Back in my younger years when I lived in Hawaii I dated a girl who was half Japenese and half Jewesh. She spoke english, Japanese and Hebrew all equaly well. She worked as an enterpter. Being multi linual is a real assest.
:thumb:

Simple, "If you make 'her' cry, I'll make 'you' cry......" :thumb:

You have seen this thread right?
You might review that video about the guys daughter...

Oh and congratulations. My oldest son is only 12... but he's already getting good at the grumpy teen imitation, specially if he hasn't had enough sleep.
I've got lots to look forward too.

Oh and Kevin... how's it going, eh?

beautiful girls Stu. You should be bursting with pride. Your daughter has a leg up on everyone else speaking Japanese and English. Thrown in some Spanish and some Farsi and she'll never be a day without work.

I've been trying to get her to look at Chinese, heck, she already has a good grasp of the Kanji, (the pictographs used in Chinese and Japanese) :dunno:

Thanks everyone! :wave:

Beautiful girls, Stu. Congratulations!

I love the quilts. They are heirlooms for sure.

I grew up with three little sisters so I know something about girls. Not really, I was just kidding...

There are two stories from fathers that I like to repeat.

The first is from Walter Williams, an economics professor, who said that when a boy would first call upon his daughter he would be required to sit in the living room before his daughter would come downstairs. Walter would have all of his guns spread out on the floor and be in the process of cleaning them. He would ask the boy, "Now, exactly what are your intentions toward my daughter?" He said there were never any misunderstandings...

The second is from Bill Engvall the country comedian. He would corner the boy before he left the house with his daughter and say, "Boy, look at me. You see that little girl right there? She's my only little girl, man. She's my life. So if you have any . . . thoughts . . . about huggin', or . . . kissin', you remember these words: 'I've got no problem going back to prison." :thumb:

I felt that way about my sisters. It would not have been a good thing for some guy to have hurt one of my sisters.....

Congrats Stu on a great looking family. You should be proud and Happy Birthday to your daughter.

My mother made quilts before she passed away so Stu the pic's brought back some happy memories.