Somebody had to build it

Just a few pictures of an entertainment center I was given most freedom to design build and install.
Shaz :)
Gotta go for now, best to all,
Happy 4th of July :thumb:

Attachments

• work 6 1 09 002.jpg
    work 6 1 09 002.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 165
  • work  6 1 09 004.jpg
    work 6 1 09 004.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 174
  • work  6 1 09 005.jpg
    work 6 1 09 005.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 140
Thank you gentlemen for the kind words, and hello to you all too...:wave:

The big house had old entertainment center I removed then replaced with this one just inches larger on every side and at the floor level too.

Here is a simple drawing of the built up crown, simple but effective.crown cross section.jpg

The stiles were laminated like a sandwich , nail bead to flat piece, cover the bead with a flat piece and nail, add another bead then cover that with a flat piece and nail. then cap the ends with a like width block.
S :)

Thanks for sharing some more of your work Shaz:thumb:
great stuff as always. You have always been a great inspiraton to me:thumb:
Thank you Tom.

Really nice. the top detail really looks interesting.. Thank you, I too find it facinating and yet so simple...

Just curious, how long does it take you to get this done.
This one took about 3 weeks to get to a final drawing, four or five days to do sample moldings for consideration,(not steady work, just setitng up machines and running profiles while other real projects were in progress) and meeting the powers that be)
Then about 2 1/2 days making the story poles, 1/2 day making and procuring the materials and about 10 to 12 working days til delivery to the painter, 1 day install.

hi shaz, glad you`re doin` well.
Hi Tod, Working is a good thing, you know that very well, hope this finds you in good spirits.
Shaz :)